Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Mourinho doesn't play percentages football at all, Jesus Christ man. He's a very tactical manager and he's usually very defensive in the big games but on the whole his teams can be very good to watch.

Allardyce plays percentages football, Pullis plays percentages football, that's why they're shit.

:thup:

Ba must be livid. He must have been buzzing about potentially joining Arsenal, as he would have got to play a lot there.

Wenger man, really needs to stop selling his best players to rivals, as they don't ever return the favour.

Never acts weird about selling players, whether it be restricting where they go, or asking for astronomical amounts.

Have a lot of respect for Wenger tbh. Got his quirks, but is the best manager in the league for me, and just generally far more chilled and grown up.

Arsenal where naive (again). Should have got Ba in on loan first.. the Ozil signing was made as a real marquee effort, to show that they can contend at the highest end of the table. So obviously they would be more of a threaty.

no Arsenal side si going to struggle significantly for goals under Wenger tbh.

They scored 1 goal or less in more than half of their games last season.... the fact they were a creative and goalscoring juggernaut last season is a myth.

3rd highest scorers. 4 players that scored and assisted 10 or more league goals. It's not a bad return at all. Arsene Wenger builds decent football teams.

It's all about the football, the entertainment, the excitement, and invariably Mourinho's team disappoint. Benitez Chelsea were much easier on the eye than this version so far. He plays percentage football irrespective of all the fantastic players he has. It might be effective most of the time, but entertaining it's not.

good post

• 4 weeks later...

Makes me like Chelsea a little better tbh

Makes me hate them and Roman Abramovich even more. Demba Ba was a quality long-term(ish) sort of player for us but, due to their huge financial power, they were able to acquire him for peanuts (to them anyway) even though everyone, including Chelsea themselves I'm sure, could see that he was nothing more than a stop-gap signing.

Basically, they fucked one club off  one of their best players for their own short-term success, mainly thanks to their money power.

Fuck off Chelsea and Abramovich, you fucking cunts.

We don't know that he 'refused' to play there, though. He obviously wanted to play through the middle and clearly made this plain to Pardew; I think Pardew knew how important he was to us and therefore tried to keep him sweet to everybody else's detriment.

Guest reefatoon

I think he also made the point that he should have been the main striker through the middle with his goals return.  He backed up what he was saying with goals basically. Can't argue with that.

He done it to put himself more in the shop window rather than thinking what was best for the team, that's what i struggle to forgive. All personal success with him and didn't care about winning as long as he was scoring, hate players like that. The team was playing well with him on the left, his goals dried up after Cisse was made the main striker but he shouldn’t have been concerned as we were still winning, but he huffed.

Makes me like Chelsea a little better tbh

Makes me hate them and Roman Abramovich even more. Demba Ba was a quality long-term(ish) sort of player for us but, due to their huge financial power, they were able to acquire him for peanuts (to them anyway) even though everyone, including Chelsea themselves I'm sure, could see that he was nothing more than a stop-gap signing.

Basically, they fucked one club off  one of their best players for their own short-term success, mainly thanks to their money power.

Fuck off Chelsea and Abramovich, you fucking cunts.

Well, yeah, I don't like them, but that is done. It's their prerogative to make their team better, they have no concern whether it negatively affects the selling team, or ultimately the player himself.

Where as Demba needs to do what's best for Demba, and he chose money + bench over less money and starting XI. So I'm quite happy that he's languishing in their reserves. He's probably fine with it anyway.