Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest bimpy474

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Demba-Ba-I-laughed-at-Newcastle-quit-rumours-article862296.html

And as for the fee - he doesn't chose to pay it or demand that it is paid, it is the club that decides it so if something bad happens - which I hope it doesn't - it will not be down to him.

What fee are they talking about? And what does he mean with "something bad"? Are these quotes from before the signing?

Apparently the clause in his contract means that a lot of the release fee (7m) goes to him and not the club, so i've read anyhoo.

??? I thought that was Ba talking about Cisse.

Ignore my comment i was confused then ;)

He asked everything about Newcastle, about the supporters and the club but I've not told him everything because I wanted him to see for himself what it's like here. I think he loved the reception he got but he hasn't seen anything yet."

:lol: :smitten:

"I wasn't too bothered who we signed as long as we got a new striker it would help us. "

He didn't care who he was playing with as long as it wasn't Best and Shola again :lol:

"I wasn't too bothered who we signed as long as we got a new striker it would help us. "

He didn't care who as long as it wasn't Best and Shola again :lol:

I noticed that.

'Sort it out Pards. No, just get any cunt.' :lol:

Quite interesting reading around the page 90 mark of this thread after he'd started the season poorly. He's pretty much unanimously rated now, such is the turnaround.

Purposely kept away from this thread after his first couple of games, because I knew people where going to knee-jerk and our sensible posters would have to defend him. He was poor in his first couple of games, but I never doubted him for a second, but I never thought he would be this good either. 16 goals in his last 17 games for us or something isn't it? That is nothing short of incredible.