Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Kuyt is actually a decent comparison. He is a quick, strong player that is a fighter on the pitch and always gives full effort. This season he lost his confidence in front of goal, but he was very prolific for PSG last season and Sochaux in the past. He's not as technically gifted as someone like Gameiro, which is probably why he struggles when confidence is low. (similar to Oba) He was a monster at Sochaux. Not a great player, but a good Premiership striker, imo. If we can get him at a lower price, it would be a good acquisition, imo. morgs is far too harsh. :lol:

Cheers  :thup:

Sounds like kind of guy that would do well with a good midfield behind him. He also has age on his side.

If we can get him cheap because his stock is at a low eb then it could turn out to be a decent deal. Like I said before, if the scouts think he's good then I trust their judgement.

:thup:

Another thing about that, it seems he's one we've been following for a long time. I'd imagine we've seen him enough over the last few years to know what he offers.

Who was the last signing we reportedly followed for years?  :shifty:

Sorry for the negativity lads, but my Psg mates who have seen a lot more of him than I have say he is truly bad! At best he would be a cross between shola and kuyt I reckon. If you want a laugh have a look at his goalkeeping team mate edel.

Could you ask your friends how they explain him scoring 22 goals in 51 games for them and being voted their player of the year the season before last if he's such a bad player?

I mean I know nothing about the lad, but there seems to be something amiss here :lol:

Btw there's nothing to say we didn't fancy taking a punt on this guy irrespective of the Gameiro transfer. If so then losing out to them for him simply has an unexpected bonus by lowering his price.

Wiki, says 51 league games and 22 goals.  Why they wrong like?

EDIT: The main bit at the side says that, but the table at the bottom says 54 league games and 23 goals.. so not sure which is correct.

Guest VegasToon

Btw there's nothing to say we didn't fancy taking a punt on this guy irrespective of the Gameiro transfer. If so then losing out to them for him simply has an unexpected bonus by lowering his price.

Wtf happen to Dave's avatar?  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's him

A bid has been made

Change title

PARDEW said: ''Erdinc has always been on our radar,hes a very good player thats all I will say at the moment'' (Journal)

It's him

A bid has been made

Change title

PARDEW said: ''Erdinc has always been on our radar,hes a very good player thats all I will say at the moment'' (Journal)

Boring. Nah, guess he could be a good signing, although I am sceptical.

After so many transfer windows where all the business has been last minute it's nice to see so much activity early on, just hope it comes to something.

Good mentor for Nile as well:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9141/n1447590482302269671380.jpg

Don't know anything about the player, but that photo equals don't want him.

Guest magpie99

OK, so if it is him and he does come in, what have we got now?

Cabaye, Erdinc, Abeid and possibly N'Zogbia, Taylor and Ba...........all for around 25 million quid.

When Jose goes and we replace him with M'Bengue or Izaguirra, we would be looking pretty damn good.

Cabaye, Erdinc, Abeid and possibly N'Zogbia, Taylor and Ba...........all for around 25 million quid.

What's bothering me a bit is that, of those players, Erdinc is the only one that seems to be getting pushed out of his club. There's a new broom at PSG and I get the impression he's surplus to requirements.

His 'bad spell' is a worry because the Premiership - and our club in particular - is no place for a striker whose confidence is a bit shaky. He'll need to find his feet fairly soon. Bellamy has been mentioned, but confidence was never Bellamy's problem and he made his mark right away.

As I said, I'll keep an open mind, but I've been quite excited about our other signings / links, but not this one. So far.