Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm a bit relieved that it appears we're looking at him for a more withdrawn or wider role. I wasn't sure whether he'd be ready to take the sort of battering that a striker who leads the line has to take in the Premiership.

He seems to be in the number 9 role at PSG, but as someone has pointed out, the defending in France is somewhat less robust.

He won't come as a winger or something like that. He is a striker - that's it. Erding is not too big, but he is powerfull and speedy. Battering is not what he's going to struggle with.

So, I think Erding is a good player, he was when he played in Sochaux.

His first year in PSG was correct but the second...   

With that player the problem is his end product. I watched a lot of Paris games this year (especially because my older brother is a fan of PSG) and i can tell you that it was very difficult for him because he lost self confidence and the fans started to boo him.

His qualities are that he ran over the pitch during the 90 minutes, he spend a lot of energy doind that, that is why his end product isn't always good.

But i'm sure that if he find again this confidence he'll be better...

If Newcastle need a striker (with Ba for example) i think you should go for him.

Thanks for that :thup:

I'd definitely take him like!

"If we can get him (Ba) and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season."

So plus Cabaye, that will be 6 new players, with most of them probably for the first team? When was the last time we had such an overhaul? Is this a cause to be optimistic or concern?

I don't see it being a problem even if it takes a while to gel, most managers want to put their stamp on the squad when they get to their first summer and Pardew won't be any different, the good thing is he's had months with the current squad so he will have a good idea who he thinks needs replacing.

@Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

Is Erdinc the striker #NUFC need? Graham Carr clearly thinks so - NUFC tried to sign him under Hughton - and chief scout has big influence.

Seems Carr has been watching him for a while, so like Sewelly i trust his judgement  :razz:

ALAN Pardew is close to making a bid for Turkish international striker Mevlut Erdinc after Paris Saint Germain indicated they would be willing to let him leave following the arrival of former Newcastle target Kevin Gameiro.

United lost out to the Ligue 1 outfit in the fight for Gameiro.

The big striker was reluctant to move to England as he does not like the style of football in the Premier League.

That setback has strengthened Newcastle’s interest in Erdinc, who was recommended to former manager Chris Hughton by chief scout Graham Carr last summer – but PSG refused to sell.

The Chronicle understands a first bid was made for Erdinc several weeks ago, but was rejected.

However, the Magpies are confident a second bid will be accepted by a club which needs to balance the books as a result of the £10m paid for French international Gameiro. Newcastle are also chasing West Ham striker Demba Ba, as Pardew revealed he has been keeping an eye on the Senegal international for several years before he banged in seven goals in 12 appearances for the Hammers last season.

Ba has attracted interest from a host of clubs at home and abroad.

Pardew hopes he recognises the unique challenge he will face if he, as his agent has claimed, genuinely has his heart set on wearing black and white.

He said: “Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England and he is a good player.

“I am very much aware of him and I probably know what he is capable of more than most because I have known about him for a while before he went to West Ham.

”We are not the only club who are interested, but we are trying. There is always competition and we will keep plugging away.”

Newcastle also expect the £1m arrival of Swansea full-back Neil Taylor to be confirmed in the next two weeks, although they have not made a £5m offer for Reading striker Shane Long.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/14/alan-pardew-ready-to-make-mevlut-erdinc-bid-72703-28873770/#ixzz1PGCTTl5F

I'm relatively happy with what we're looking to bring in here.

Alot of the early talk was just pie in the sky, but essentially what we're looking to do is what I wanted us to do.

We need a big target man who could score a goal or two - Ba

We need an upgrade for CM, because our reliance on Nolan last season was unhealthy - Cabaye

We need a quick forward - Erdinc

We need cover for LB - Taylor

We need a another winger to bring some more balance to the side - N'Zogbia

If we can them all on board and get Jose to sign, and appease Nolan and Barton then it's pretty much the best Summer I could have hoped for.

Very sound and sensible signings they seem to me. The worry with going for players beyond our sphere was just how motivated would they be to play for us. I'd be happy with that lot.

Yeah, that's how I would describe it - sensible.

It's nothing too extravagant, no marquee signing. The player's aren't too big for us, nor are they too s*** for us. We're just trying to strengthen areas that need strengthened, without being taken to the cleaners. And I think there's a couple of really quality players in there.

If it all comes off, I daresay it's actually quite impressive.

If all that comes off I'll be very happy. Jose/Nolan are key for me though. I just feel if they go it will really disrupt us badly.

Who wrote a "custom title" (France's most helpful French person) under my username ? Because it certainly isn't me... and it maybe contains grammatical mistakes lol

It'll have been one of: Andy, Jonny Hall,  Beren, Baron von Fat,  catmag, PM, Wullie, indi, BlufPurdi, midds, Dave, 80 or Rich. :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Exactly - isn't he about 5 foot 7 inches?

Oi thats massively tall, well its what i tell my two little bairns, daddy is very tall  :iamatwat:

This signing as well as Ba's has really got my questioning whether we are indeed going to be playing a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next season.

You've seen Erding play, right?

If we are to sign him and Ba - I can't see us playing a 4-3-3. Unless Erding is to go wide-right?