Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have aked my pal down in reading what the deal is with us chasing Long for 7 mil.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71039_157425210779_3541154_n.jpg

Cheeky fecker  :lol:

Is that the marvel hero ?

Hercules?

We need 2 strikers but by the looks of it IF we do sign Long then Best will be sold, am fkn sick of this one in one out shite.. its not strengthening the squad, yes okay maybe we getting a higher calibre player in. Although surely Loven going for Long coming in would be better than selling Best.

How many strikers did you think we were going to sign this summer, 3? Think that's a bit optimistic for one transfer window. If we get one more to go with Ba I'll be satisified with that.

Obviously I'd rather have more, but come on, it was never likely we'd sign 3 strikers.

Well I wanted us to sign two, was hoping for more quality than Ba & Long but there is point us signing two strikers if it means we get rid of one we already have.

But how many strikers can we realistically have on the books at once?

New Player, Ba, Best, Shola, Lovenkrands - that's 5 first team forwards. As well as a winger purchased and HBA coming back.

I'm not saying they're any good, but there's only so many signings we can realistically expect.

We need 2 strikers but by the looks of it IF we do sign Long then Best will be sold, am fkn sick of this one in one out shite.. its not strengthening the squad, yes okay maybe we getting a higher calibre player in. Although surely Loven going for Long coming in would be better than selling Best.

How many strikers did you think we were going to sign this summer, 3? Think that's a bit optimistic for one transfer window. If we get one more to go with Ba I'll be satisified with that.

Obviously I'd rather have more, but come on, it was never likely we'd sign 3 strikers.

Well I wanted us to sign two, was hoping for more quality than Ba & Long but there is point us signing two strikers if it means we get rid of one we already have.

New Player, Ba, Best, Shola, Lovenkrands - that's 5 first team forwards. As well as a winger purchased and HBA coming back.

I'm not saying they're any good, but there's only so many signings we can realistically expect.

Well yeah but it looks as though Best will be sold

so say we end up with

Ba

Long

Shola

Loven

thats just not good enough

Well yeah but it looks as though Best will be sold

so say we end up with

Ba

Long

Shola

Loven

thats just not good enough

Fair point, that list doesn't look amazing, although the top two are better than anything we've had for ages. Guess it depends a bit on the system we're planning to play.

Fingers crossed for some more quality anyway, but I don't think there's any chance that more than one striker will be coming in. Hope to be wrong.

If we're playing one up front, I can't exactly see where all these strikers you guys would like would fit in. They might be shite but we still have Best, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Airey and Xisco behind Ba as strikers.

Unless we miraculously get shot of a raft of those, I couldn't see any reason to get more than one in, and he'll have to be fairly adaptable striker cum midfielder who can also fulfil the HBA role occasionally if he doesn't want to be primerily a bench warmer.

/on a side note, I'm really looking forward to seeing where Lua2, Vukic and Ameobi2 fit in this year too. They are at the stage where they need to get some games, especially Vukic.

Newcastle fans are guaranteed to love Shane Long as far as I can see, he has everything we like in a player. He runs his arse off, works hard and when he gets the ball he's direct and goes at people. Given chances, his finishing is also good.

He might not blossom straight away, but I think because of his general style the fans would be patient with him. Obviously the downside is he wouldn't be a marquee signing.

He sounds like a Bellamy kind of player from what your saying here, I hope he has the pace of Bellamy as well. If we sign Long, I still want atleast one more striker. Tbh I don't rate Ameobi or Løvenkrands and Best im still unsure about, he seems to be very injury prone. Think we should keep Ranger and let him go on loan to a championship club.

Leonardo update:

Leonardo not only is not in Paris when he is expected for several days but the Brazilian has ensured this Thursday afternoon at his press conference that he had not yet engaged with the capital club . "There is no agreement with PSG at the moment," he said at the San Siro. His contract is not signed and the signature is still pending. "I have not spoken with the new owners of the PSG for three days ... "Has he said.

I have aked my pal down in reading what the deal is with us chasing Long for 7 mil.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71039_157425210779_3541154_n.jpg

Cheeky fecker  :lol:

Is that the marvel hero ?

Hercules?

Yeah, think so haha.

You'd be happy with Ba, Long, Ameobi, Lovenkrands - and one of Best/Ranger?

Fuck, man.

I'd be quite happy with Ba, Long, Best & Ranger, with Shola and Lovenkrands gone for good, but that's just me.

Obviously I could be happier, but more importantly I could be completely pissed off.

Guest WashyGeordie

Everyone seems to be forgetting Xisco!? How?!!? he's like a new signing maaaan!  :frantic:

Long's goalscoring record before last season doesn't really set the world alight, shouldn't we be looking for players that are more prolific?  Although I suppose you can argue that Ba's record is pretty sound.

Of course it's strengthening the squad if you're bringing in a better player.

So far we've got Ba, Best, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Xisco and Ben Arfa all down for a place up top, we can't keep harvesting strikers.

Why do people keep ignoring Ben Arfa when talking about our forwards?

Because he is not a traditional forward and for the most part, in this context, people are thinking 'strikers'.

But yeah, Barfa is going to be immense for us I am sure.

Why do people keep ignoring Ben Arfa when talking about our forwards?

I said this in the Ben Arfa thread yesterday, that him just behind Ba would be potentially very tasty. I think the reason people don't really consider him is that he's more of a withdrawn player in the hole or wide whereas Erdinc or Long are more direct.