Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

11 appearences and 1 goal, Leon Best has got treble that amount. Who needs a a new striker?

All substitute appearances tbf.

Why is he so determined to stay at PSG when he clearly isn't wanted or isn't good enough for their side? Absolute Smither!

Guest MrSundlofer

11 appearences and 1 goal, Leon Best has got treble that amount. Who needs a a new striker?

Why is he so determined to stay at PSG when he clearly isn't wanted or isn't good enough for their side? Absolute Smither!

Been talking about this in another thread.

At PSG, the two other strikers are Gameiro and Hoarau. Gameiro is first choice, and Hoarau is totally out of form. Do you know  the situation at the club? They just hired Ancelotti and are most likely gonna win the league. Erdinç loves the club, has his family in France and wants to be a part of the team.

How come we're suddenly chasing Erdinç again? Pardew pretty much confirmed we werent after a striker anymore didnt he? Or is it a case of a slow news day and Lee Ryder pulling names out of his cacky winker again...

Guest icemanblue

Pardew said, recently, that if a target becomes available, at a reasonable price, then their intentions could change.

At PSG, the two other strikers are Gameiro and Hoarau. Gameiro is first choice, and Hoarau is totally out of form. Do you know  the situation at the club? They just hired Ancelotti and are most likely gonna win the league. Erdinç loves the club, has his family in France and wants to be a part of the team.

The fact they tried to sell him in the summer and are trying to sell him again tells you that they don't want him. Regardless of his love for the club, if he loved playing football he would move elsewhere, be that another team in France or abroad regardless.

I personally wouldn't be going back in for him, if he didn't want to play for this club in the summer, his heart isn't going to be totally in it 6 months later.

Guest MrSundlofer

The fact they tried to sell him in the summer and are trying to sell him again tells you that they don't want him. Regardless of his love for the club, if he loved playing football he would move elsewhere, be that another team in France or abroad regardless.

I personally wouldn't be going back in for him, if he didn't want to play for this club in the summer, his heart isn't going to be totally in it 6 months later.

Please, don't believe everything you read in the papers. You have no idea if PSG wanted to get rid of him in the summer.. or now! They offered him a contract extension in September  :lol:

He was available for around £10M in the summer. That's all.

Once again, if you understand the situation about PSG you would understand.

Guest MrSundlofer

So he was never offered a move to Newcastle and actually did want to come to the club if Newcastle had a bid accepted?

What has that got to do with his determination to stay at PSG?

We wanted him in the summer. He wanted to stay at PSG.

So he was never offered a move to Newcastle and actually did want to come to the club if Newcastle had a bid accepted?

Well that's why i personally wouldn't be back in for him, if he's happy sitting on the bench waiting for money bags to spend more on other strikers around the globe and he's happy enough to turn us down in the summer, i wouldn't even give him the chance to turn us down again. Move on to a player with more desire to play for the club.

Guest MrSundlofer

Well that's why i personally wouldn't be back in for him, if he's happy sitting on the bench waiting for money bags to spend more on other strikers around the globe and he's happy enough to turn us down in the summer, i wouldn't even give him the chance to turn us down again. Move on to a player with more desire to play for the club.

But you have absolutely no idea... Why did he reject us? What did they say? Maybe they agreed to talk again in January - and if he is available for a decent price we may bid for him.

There is a reason why we are in for him.

What if Erdinç told us: "I am flattered by your interest and Newcastle United is a very good club, but as things stand, I want to stay at PSG and don't leave the club this summer. If you are still interested in me in 6 months please come back and see how things stands."

Rejecting us isn't really a big deal sometimes. Media are doing things way to worse.

"It's quite easy for me, if the boy wants to stay at his club and be third choice and doesn't want to come to Newcastle, then I don't want him because Newcastle, for me, are a bigger club.

Well that was Pardew's take on it back in the Summer so if Erding did say come back in for me in Jan or along them lines, i don't think Pardew would have came out and said a comment as strong as that.

I still think that his talent is being wasted sitting on PSG's bench like. Wouldn't mind if we sign him like but this whole saga (what happened in the summer and what's presumably happening now) is boring me tbh....

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A few are against a deal on here but from how he was described he sounds exactly what we need. Quick, good movement off the ball and I think him playing in his advanced role would allow Ba to drop deep where he does his best work (assuming he stays of course). Supposed to be a very good worker and happy to close down too which will be a bonus for Pardew. 

I'd love a striker but I actually think CB is more important. Our dip in results directly correlates with when we lost the CBs, no surprise we've won 3 from 4 since we got back to having 2 natural centre halves. We'd could probably lumber on without a striker and still get results but an injury to Colo or even Williamson and our season comes crumbling down again without a solid defence.

It's laughable that we can't just get both mind.