Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe he's one of those players who's happy at the level he's at and would prefer staying in France?

:kasper:

You mean, some players don't want to swap Paris for Newcastle :kasper:

They might even want to stay in continental Europe where they're used to the language and culture instead of re-starting their life in the North East :kasper:

Blasphemer.

I blame ChezGiven personally.

Maybe he's one of those players who's happy at the level he's at and would prefer staying in France?

:kasper:

You mean, some players don't want to swap Paris for Newcastle :kasper:

They might even want to stay in continental Europe where they're used to the language and culture instead of re-starting their life in the North East :kasper:

Blasphemer.

I blame ChezGiven personally.

Even that wee mention still won't get him back posting on here, I'm afraid. :(

No problem.  No longer want him after dragging on so much.  Obviously the club has black-listed him already or else we should have signed him now.

We could have signed him but couldn't agree terms. Obviously Rennes were prepared to go the extra to get the player they really wanted. A good policy I feel.

Erding proche de Rennes

Priorité du Stade Rennais, Mevlut Erding a choisi de rejoindre la Bretagne avant la fin du mercato. Pierre Dréossi va rencontrer Leonardo, directeur sportif du PSG, pour finaliser ce transfert.

Erding devrait quitter Paris pour rejoindre Rennes.(EQ)

Mevlut Erding s'est fait une raison. L'ancien Sochalien a compris qu'à Paris il ne jouerait, cette saison, qu'en cas de blessure de Kevin Gameiro. Or, à 24 ans, l'attaquant aux 47 buts en Ligue 1 (en 144 matches) aspire logiquement à plus de temps de jeu. Voilà pourquoi l'international turc a décidé de quitter le PSG avant la fin du mercato. Joueur le plus convoité de l'effectif parisien à la grande surprise de Leonardo, Erding a reçu ces derniers jours de nombreuses offres (Newcastle, Galatasaray, Rubin Kazan, Lille, Saint-Etienne, Bordeaux...). Désireux de poursuivre sa carrière en France, Erding a finalement choisi de prendre la direction de Rennes, malgré l'insistance de Lille et de Bordeaux ces dernières heures, Francis Gillot, en quête d'un buteur, ayant appelé directement l'ancien Sochalien.

Definitely off to Rennes then for around 8 million E. Didn't do a very good job persuading him to join up did we.