Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

As someone pointed out earlier, the positive is that we've apparently been trying to land this chap since Hughton was in charge. Therefore we must be pretty confident he'll be a good signing despite his underwhelming season.

As someone pointed out earlier, the positive is that we've apparently been trying to land this chap since Hughton was in charge. Therefore we must be pretty confident he'll be a good signing despite his underwhelming season.

I see him in a Bellamy type role

"If we can get him (Ba) and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season."

So plus Cabaye, that will be 6 new players, with most of them probably for the first team? When was the last time we had such an overhaul? Is this a cause to be optimistic or concern?

"If we can get him (Ba) and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season."

So plus Cabaye, that will be 6 new players, with most of them probably for the first team? When was the last time we had such an overhaul? Is this a cause to be optimistic or concern?

Deep, deep concern.

reasonably optimistic but i expect it'll take a while for the team to settle, let's not forget ben arfa's likely to take a while to settle as well. wouldnt be surprised if half the new recruits start from the bench

Guest rosstoon

I predict that Best, if he stays fit, will be starting a lot next season despite signing 2 new strikers.

Who can argue either if he continues his post-christmas form.

Best will be 3rd choice behind ba and Erdinc

Guest mimifrench

Have we heard mimi's views on this player?

No... but i can give you my view on it if you want

Guest Antec

Of course you can

I'm not going to doubt this guys talent but this doesn't seem to a big massive name with a big massive like we were lead to believe.

As someone who lived in France and occasionally went to Psg I can tell people that erding is quite s****. Him and ameobi in the front 2 on a bad day could lead to serious anger and frustration issues

So we are basically buying the Turkish equivalent of lovelyhands? Lord have mercy

Don't know anything about the player, but that photo equals don't want him.

:dowiespin:

Guest mimifrench

Yes , go on then .

Before, may i ask you a simple and idiot question ?

Who wrote a "custom title" (France's most helpful French person) under my username ? Because it certainly isn't me... and it maybe contains grammatical mistakes lol

I'm relatively happy with what we're looking to bring in here.

Alot of the early talk was just pie in the sky, but essentially what we're looking to do is what I wanted us to do.

We need a big target man who could score a goal or two - Ba

We need an upgrade for CM, because our reliance on Nolan last season was unhealthy - Cabaye

We need a quick forward - Erdinc

We need cover for LB - Taylor

We need a another winger to bring some more balance to the side - N'Zogbia

If we can them all on board and get Jose to sign, and appease Nolan and Barton then it's pretty much the best Summer I could have hoped for.

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa                  Erding

Ba

or         Tiote Cabaye

N'Zogbia    Ben Arfa     Erding

Ba

Tiote

Barton.    cabaye

HBA

Erding    Ba

Alot of the early talk was just pie in the sky, but essentially what we're looking to do is what I wanted us to do.

We need an upgrade for CM, because our reliance on Nolan last season was unhealthy - Cabaye

If we can them all on board and get Jose to sign, and appease Nolan and Barton then it's pretty much the best Summer I could have hoped for.

Very sound and sensible signings they seem to me. The worry with going for players beyond our sphere was just how motivated would they be to play for us. I'd be happy with that lot.

We'll have to see if they're all slated to go straight into the first team. If they are, that'll be ... interesting.  If not, squad depth, yay \o/

It would be good... but doesn't look very likely.

Pretty much my thoughts.  That would take our spending to about £25m wouldn't it?  If that happens I'd be ecstatic, I was expecting us to spend about £15m max.

I can see one or two leaving though, so I have a feeling the two players we're looking to fetch in a bit later could well be replacements.

Yes , go on then .

Before, may i ask you a simple and idiot question ?

Who wrote a "custom title" (France's most helpful French person) under my username ? Because it certainly isn't me... and it maybe contains grammatical mistakes lol

;D