Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

So funny seeing opinions of him change, as soon as he says he isn't interested in coming here.  :lol:

AlanSkärare fixed your post even before you posted this.

"No one seemed to be excited by this anyway."

It's a sad day when Bendtner is the best out of the possible signings.

It's a bit difficult to say whether or not players who haven't played in Premier League will fit in, but no way is Bendtner the best out of the "possible signings".

I wonder who option C is?

Quite clear we went for Gameiro first, then this guy who seems to want to stay. It's not like they need to sell him either.

Now who?

Edit: And will the price range drop again?

I haven't seen a solitary soul post anything relatively excitedly about the prospect of Erdinc.

Tbf sewelly was fairly lodged up his arse, and wouldn't have a bad word said about him. But that's the case with any player were linked with with a foreign passport, so I wouldn't have taken too much notice there.  O0

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't seen a solitary soul post anything relatively excitedly about the prospect of Erdinc.

Nope, none of the prospective striker signings have excited me at all tbh,

I don't really know how bad Bentner's finishing even is. He missed the winner against Barcelona and that was high profile, but I've seen him strike the ball beautifully at times.

I've seen him miss a fair few chances, probably no more than most strikers in the league though. He's just not good enough for Arsenal.

The White Ameobi.  No ta.

Why do people always trot out this line?

Utter nonsense.

Somebody said it once and everybody thought it sounded good?

Makes little sense like, Bedner's downfall is in his finishing (incidentaly the same area as Erdinc, apparently). Ameobi's is everywhere but his finishing.

I don't even see the comparison at all. Ameobi is utter trash, can barely run, can't trap a football and is nearly 30.

Bendtner is big, reasonable pace, good technique, has a good goals/assists to minutes ratio for Arsenal and is the right age. He's not a worldbeater and misses a fair few chances but the way people go on you'd think they were talking about Mamady Sidibe. It's funny how these total sensationalisms seem to stick.

Tbf sewelly was fairly lodged up his arse, and wouldn't have a bad word said about him. But that's the case with any player were linked with with a foreign passport, so I wouldn't have taken too much notice there.  O0

Absolute shite.

Guest firetotheworks

Not even Gamiero?

Yep, even Gamiero. I thought he looked good, but very one dimensional.

Absolute shite.

It really isn't though, unfortunately.

I wonder who option C is?

Quite clear we went for Gameiro first, then this guy who seems to want to stay. It's not like they need to sell him either.

Now who?

Edit: And will the price range drop again?

Shane Long.

Tbf sewelly was fairly lodged up his arse, and wouldn't have a bad word said about him. But that's the case with any player were linked with with a foreign passport, so I wouldn't have taken too much notice there.  O0

Absolute shite.

It really isn't though, unfortunately.

How was I 'fairly lodged up his arse'? Because I admitted I'd never seen him play and to trust the judgement of our scouts if we signed him?

Fuck off man, you're talking shite.

I'd be reasonably happy with Bendtner like. Can score goals in this league, has been well schooled, is the right age and would probably be in our price bracket. He's not amazing but then who are we going to be able to get who is, given our reluctance to spend? My only major concern would be over his apparently humongous ego.

I doubt we're even interested anyway so the point is moot.

Are there 2 Bendtners? Seriously; the one I keep seeing is rubbish in a good team. Fuck knows how bad he'd be for us.

I wouldn't take Cole or Long either. We need to aim for an appreciable step up on what we've got and IMO none of these hit the mark.

Sturridge for me all day long.

Are there 2 Bendtners? Seriously; the one I keep seeing is rubbish in a good team. Fuck knows how bad he'd be for us.

I wouldn't take Cole or Long either. We need to aim for an appreciable step up on what we've got and IMO none of these hit the mark.

:lol:

I'd be reasonably happy with Bendtner like. Can score goals in this league, has been well schooled, is the right age and would probably be in our price bracket. He's not amazing but then who are we going to be able to get who is, given our reluctance to spend? My only major concern would be over his apparently humongous ego.

Agree Dave, I also can't see Arsenal selling Bendtner if he's back to fitness and Nasri/Cesc are leaving. They already only have one striker.

Agree Dave, I also can't see Arsenal selling Bendtner if he's back to fitness and Nasri/Cesc are leaving. They already only have one striker.

Chamakh and Van Persie?

Are there 2 Bendtners? Seriously; the one I keep seeing is rubbish in a good team. f*** knows how bad he'd be for us.

I would love Sturridge like, even if it was just on loan, but it probably isn't going to happen as we won't stump up the cash (if he is in fact available). And although Bendtner is miles off the top of my list, he is a step up on what we have (excluding Ba).

Imo we just have to accept that the striker we (fans) want are probably out of reach, either due to us just not been attractive enough or Mike's refusal to spend any real cash on players (but he has improved our training ground mind...)

Messi for me all shane long