Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest palnese

Some dick on twitter.....

Toontastic1892 Newcastle United

#nufc Second bid for Erdinc has been accepted according to french media wires believed to be in the region of 7m

I think Ashley would rather pay the 6-7 M for Erdinc rather than the 12M+ that we'd have to stump for Sturridge.

I would love to see Erdinc and Nzog for a combined 16M. Then some squad fillers with what we get for our lesser lights.

Guest rosstoon

The club need to forget about Erdinc similar to Gervinho if he wanted to join he would be here by now. The club need to push on with bids for players like Sturridge and the WBA striker i cannot spell his name. Both scored in pl in poor sides. I think we could get tjhe two of them for circa £15m

Guest palnese

Can't open the link, is it based on the Hazard bid?

"But it has now emerged that PSG have offered the 25-year-old as a makeweight in their latest ambitious offer. The Parisians have benefited from a massive infusion of Qatari cash, and do not seem prepared to let it burn a hole in their pockets."

Pretty much.

Maybe he feels he's not ready to move just yet. He will be a regular in one of France's biggest and most ambitious clubs, earning top money. He'll end up in a top Champions League side sooner or later anyway.

Everything I've read from people that watch French football regularly suggests he isn't cut out to play as the focal point of an attack anyway so our continued interest is a bit odd IMO.

I'm sure I've read that he can play on the right as well. Would tie in with our supposed pursuit of gervihno and zog as they all seem to play the same "right forward" role as well.

True, not really liking this lack of back to goal strikers we've been linked with. Think it is something we'll badly need next season, don't have it at the minute either unless you class Shola as an option which frankly I'd prefer not too.

Ba, perhaps?! Personally think there's 2 more strikers in this summer. You're right though, need a link up man.

I see Ba more of an in behind/2nd striker, kind of a good version of Lovenkrands from what I've seen of him (albeit not a lot).