Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really hoping we miss out on this guy, the frenchies say he is shite, and there are photos of him brandishing handguns.

Usual story of people overrating foreign players.

I really wish you'd piss off going on about that. Alternatively Erdinc shoots you in the face, that would be an acceptable alternative.

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Everything I've read from people that watch French football regularly suggests he isn't cut out to play as the focal point of an attack anyway so our continued interest is a bit odd IMO.

Everything I've read from people that watch French football regularly suggests he isn't cut out to play as the focal point of an attack anyway so our continued interest is a bit odd IMO.

Aye he's more of a runner, someone who plays off a big frontman.

I'm sure I've read that he can play on the right as well. Would tie in with our supposed pursuit of gervihno and zog as they all seem to play the same "right forward" role as well.

Erding is a decent player and more importantly a vast improvement on our current options. Even during his goal draught he gave it his all, I'd have him here for eight million euros no bother.

Everything i've heard about this guys leads me to believe we should persist with Best.

He sounds like the type that would probably take 25 games to get 6 league goals.

I don't think we're interested in him at all tbh (might have mentioned it before)

Pardew lying outright (again) then?

Might be (for the better?) It's just odd, why would he tell the media that he's one of those we're after and all that, just makes no sense at all considering our "out of the blue" signings lately.

Erding is a decent player and more importantly a vast improvement on our current options. Even during his goal draught he gave it his all, I'd have him here for eight million euros no bother.

Everything i've heard about this guys leads me to believe we should persist with Best.

He sounds like the type that would probably take 25 games to get 6 league goals.

Both confidence players like

Erding is undoubtly the better all round player though

I don't think we're interested in him at all tbh (might have mentioned it before)

Might be (for the better?) It's just odd, why would he tell the media that he's one of those we're after and all that, just makes no sense at all considering our "out of the blue" signings lately.

did he say we were after or were interested in ?

did he say we were after or were interested in ?

Don't remember for sure tbh, probably more "interested, but still.

I'm sure I've read that he can play on the right as well. Would tie in with our supposed pursuit of gervihno and zog as they all seem to play the same "right forward" role as well.

True, not really liking this lack of back to goal strikers we've been linked with. Think it is something we'll badly need next season, don't have it at the minute either unless you class Shola as an option which frankly I'd prefer not too.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/14/mevlut-erdinc-is-alan-pardew-s-new-transfer-target-61634-28872004/

Pardew said: "Erdinç has always been on our radar.

"He’s a very good player and that is all I will say at the moment."

This within a piece stating we want him, not suggesting we might.

This is where i got it from, might be wrong but it's just a feeling that i have, i guess time will tell (might)

Guest Chubby Jason

Or just switch targets.

True, not really liking this lack of back to goal strikers we've been linked with. Think it is something we'll badly need next season, don't have it at the minute either unless you class Shola as an option which frankly I'd prefer not too.

Ba, perhaps?! Personally think there's 2 more strikers in this summer. You're right though, need a link up man.

Erdinc is an improvement on what we have (except Ba) but still think we can do better. If we've spent all this time looking for strikers, you'd like to think we have better options. Certainly wouldn't be gutted to miss out on him.