Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest reefatoon

Another non entity performance from this fella.  He is as ineffective as Obertan is, but gets away with it more because he has a better shaped bonce.

Guest TC_16

Not all footballers are in the team to create or score goals. I'd much rather midfielders kept hold of the ball and used it wisely rather than making daft passes which only come off 1/5 times.

Wingers - like Marveaux - are though.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

I thought Marveaux was supposed to be a creative, attacking player. If his job isn't to score goals and create chances for others I have no idea what his role is.

He is and he's has been in the absence of others earlier in the season, are we forgetting that because of 1 poor game?

He's incredibly lightweight and ideally should never really feature in our starting XI barring an injury crisis, but you cannot knock his creativity.

EDIT: And no, he's not a winger.

Exactly, he was our best player for about a month. If not that then at very least our most creative. That injury pre-Villa has cost him dearly - he was just finding a bit of form and rhythm. He's almost a non-entity out wide though. Needs to play through the middle.

Guest firetotheworks

Not all footballers are in the team to create or score goals. I'd much rather midfielders kept hold of the ball and used it wisely rather than making daft passes which only come off 1/5 times.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

Nope. Number 10 or as part of a central 3.

Guest TC_16

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

He's a winger who plays out wide, on the wing, and is very average at it.

When we signed him and he was being dubbed as a winger I remember Andy Brassell (French footy journo) saying that he absolutely wasn't a winger and never played as once for Rennes. He has never one struck me as a wide player in every game he's played, and I do rate him.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought Marveaux was supposed to be a creative, attacking player. If his job isn't to score goals and create chances for others I have no idea what his role is.

I would still say that he's creative. When he was playing in that number 10 role when Ben Arfa first got injured/Sissoko hadn't signed yet, he looked decent on the few occasions he was able to get the ball down and pick a pass. I don't think he's the answer, but I'm happy to have him as back up, he has his strengths when required and again, I think that match wasn't the right match for him to play in at all.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

You're thinking of Obertan or something mate. Probably Beausejour as I have a feeling you watching an entirely different side all together.

Guest firetotheworks

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

That's Obertan.

Guest TC_16

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

You're thinking of Obertan or something mate. Probably Beausejour as I have a feeling you watching an entirely different side all together.

No as Obertan is fucking shit, not average.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

No as Obertan is fucking shit, not average.

You're watching Wigan then mate.

Guest TC_16

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

No as Obertan is f***ing s***, not average.

Good one bud.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

Good one bud.

I'm not even joking, for someone to come to the conclusion that Marveaux is a winger playing on the wing they certainly haven't been watching Newcastle.

Guest TC_16

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

Good one bud.

I'm not even joking

Okay then.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

Good one bud.

I'm not even joking, for someone to come to the conclusion that Marveaux is a winger playing on the wing they certainly haven't been watching Newcastle.

the vast majority of his career he's played wide, more wide midfield than winger if you get my drift.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

No, he said himself that he's not a winger. Said his best position and the place he's been played in most was central midfield.

Either way, he's not shown enough here to warrant more time imo, which is a shame as he has talent.

Marveaux isn't a winger.

Yes, he is.

No, he said himself that he's not a winger. Said his best position and the place he's been played in most was central midfield.

Either way, he's not shown enough here to warrant more time imo, which is a shame as he has talent.

you sure ? i know he said he sees himself in the middle (like n'zogbia did, both wrong IMO).can't remember seeing him play anywhere but on the left when in france.