Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Pardew has said he'll start, like.

Genuinely? He said catergorically that Marveaux will be starting on Sunday? I am bit surprised as that is a game i could see him getting squeezed out of. Can you give a link to the quote please?

Sure I read it in some of the post match comments. Could be on twitter, on here, or another website. You can start looking, if you want? I've already read it once, don't need to again.

I've looked, can't see owt. Might be on twitter, i'm not on that.

Genuinely? He said catergorically that Marveaux will be starting on Sunday? I am bit surprised as that is a game i could see him getting squeezed out of. Can you give a link to the quote please?

Sure I read it in some of the post match comments. Could be on twitter, on here, or another website. You can start looking, if you want? I've already read it once, don't need to again.

Said on the nufctv interview that Marveaux isn't good playing Thursday and Sunday which is why he had a limited role last night, kind of indicates more a role on Sunday.

Said on the nufctv interview that Marveaux isn't good playing Thursday and Sunday which is why he had a limited role last night, kind of indicates more a role on Sunday.

Cheers! Yes, it does. Funnily enough, i think he might be better coming on as a sub on Sunday when they start to knacker. Guess we'll see though.

That's when HBA will arrive I guess.

Would wonder if it's best to only bring HBA on if we're actually losing. Might be a bit risky with that hamstring. Unless he just wanders about like Messi did the other night :lol:

That's when HBA will arrive I guess.

Would wonder if it's best to only bring HBA on if we're actually losing. Might be a bit risky with that hamstring. Unless he just wanders about like Messi did the other night :lol:

Yeah, there's a good case for keeping him off if we're winning I guess. Depends on how fractious/dirty the game turns out to be. Maybe it will have died down a bit by then.

Cheers! Yes, it does. Funnily enough, i think he might be better coming on as a sub on Sunday when they start to knacker. Guess we'll see though.

The way I interpreted his NUFCtv interview suggested he will almost certainly start. 'He's not good Thursday/Sunday, but he will be fine for Sunday' or something on those lines.

Easily becoming one of my favorite players on our books. Remembering when we signed him some were saying he'd take ages to get going, but if/when he did we'd have a real fantastic playmaker on our hands.

Can't wait to see him score a goal at SJP - going to be one brilliant powerful curving blast with that magic left foot of his.

said it after the Benfica game, he makes a better impact coming on after 65+ mins to run at tired legs rather than start from the off..

Hope he can improve his decision making though..sometimes cringeworthy when he decides to delay a pass or go solo rather than do the right thing

He's just not aggressive, he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck anywhere near enough. Top footballer but his mentality stops him from being a top player.

It's hard to do that though when he's stuck out on the wing and shunned away from the centre of attention. If we were tactically discipline and organised, had two solid holding midfielder's with quality passing skills (Cabaye, for now) I would play Marveaux in the centre to play behind the striker and do what Sessegnon did today- drift, drop into space between the lines.

He's just not aggressive, he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck anywhere near enough. Top footballer but his mentality stops him from being a top player.

It's hard to do that though when he's stuck out on the wing and shunned away from the centre of attention. If we were tactically discipline and organised, had two solid holding midfielder's with quality passing skills (Cabaye, for now) I would play Marveaux in the centre to play behind the striker and do what Sessegnon did today- drift, drop into space between the lines.

I think he'll always be in and out of games, no matter what position. I agree with you however, he should be in the middle, not wide. Whether that's in a 4-2-3-1 or straight 4-3-3 is another matter.