Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

i'm just surprised he hasn't gotten frustrated with our manager and left the club yet. Everyone can see he has talent. I remember seeing comments from some Arsenal fans after the 7-3 game about how he was one of the most impressive players on the pitch despite the eventual scoreline. Pardew doesn't seem to notice it sadly. For all the (deserved) complaining about how Anita doesn't get a chance, Sylvain has shown more and still hasn't able to get a fair share of playing time. He's going to be one of those players who just slips through the cracks and we will never know exactly what we had.

I agree with you both about his talent, but I think it's a bit early for him to be leaving in a huff. He's been injured for a large proportion of his time here, and he does lack the physicality to be played in certain positions. Question is, does he offer enough to be accommodated in the positions he is suitable for. I really rate him and his creativity, but I can understand why he hasn't become a regular starter yet.

I agree with you both about his talent, but I think it's a bit early for him to be leaving in a huff. He's been injured for a large proportion of his time here, and he does lack the physicality to be played in certain positions. Question is, does he offer enough to be accommodated in the positions he is suitable for. I really rate him and his creativity, but I can understand why he hasn't become a regular starter yet.

Yes he does. He can create chances for our strikers. Something very few of our players seem to be capable of doing. If he isn't starting he should be the first change at around 60 minutes. None of this 85 minutes nonsense.

:facepalm:

Thanks for that, nicely argued.

Only way i could see Marveaux in the middle is at the expense of Cabaye completely and asking Sissoko to play deeper to help Tiote out. That would give SM the license to concentrate on floating around and trying to get involved. He offers roughly f**k all when we don't have the ball so we'd need our back screened effectively (or at least with numbers).

Basically:

Tiote          Sissoko

HBA            Marveaux      Mr LW

Striker

No worries. Keep up the brain washed agenda mate :thup:

What the flying fuck are you on about?

I was just discussing why Marveaux might not be selected as much as some people would like. I said I rate him personally. Jesus wept.

I was just discussing why Marveaux might not be selected as much as some people would like. I said I rate him personally. Jesus wept.

There is no discussion though. He's not selected because Pardew prefers uncreative 'tackling' types in the midfield. He was the only one creating goals at the end of last season and a pivotal part of the team during the only period in which we looked like a free-flowing attacking team (Man Utd (a), Arsenal (a)). He contributes more than enough.

Only way i could see Marveaux in the middle is at the expense of Cabaye completely and asking Sissoko to play deeper to help Tiote out. That would give SM the license to concentrate on floating around and trying to get involved. He offers roughly f**k all when we don't have the ball so we'd need our back screened effectively (or at least with numbers).

Basically:

Tiote          Sissoko

HBA            Marveaux      Mr LW

Striker

I definitely think that's his best position. In fact he probably is more suitable to it than HBA because he looks to release the ball quicker.

There is no discussion though. He's not selected because Pardew prefers uncreative 'tackling' types in the midfield. He was the only one creating goals at the end of last season and a pivotal part of the team during the only period in which we looked like a free-flowing attacking team (Man Utd (a), Arsenal (a)). He contributes more than enough.

Right, that's a fair enough point. Just be nice if you made it instead of all the preceding bullshit.

Guest VanBarduck

Scandalous that he didn't play today especially with Cabaye being out.

I think he'll play soon enough.

not for us tho

Guest bimpy474

What in the hell is going on with him?

Pardew just doesn't fancy him, and i suspect it because Pardew thinks Marv doesn't work hard enough. Shit reason from a shit manager.

Pardew just doesn't fancy him, and i suspect it because Pardew thinks Marv doesn't work hard enough. s*** reason from a s*** manager.

Yep. Refuses to have HBA and Marveaux on the pitch at the same time.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew just doesn't fancy him, and i suspect it because Pardew thinks Marv doesn't work hard enough. s*** reason from a s*** manager.

Yep. Refuses to have HBA and Marveaux on the pitch at the same time.

And before the game he said we have only one player who can unlock a defence in HBA. Baffled by Pardew's stance on Marv.