Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I've said it before but don't think we'll see the best of him until after xmas, still think its a mental thing for him and he needs minutes on the pitch to get it into his head that his body isn't going to break down again as he's still playing with the handbrake on at the minute.

Another players that is letting us and himself down.

Your brain shuts down at times, doesn't it?

And he has done what really good when he has been playing?

It's irrelevant. He hasn't let anyone down. He's coming back from several seasons out with injuries. His technique is good, he needs to figure out how to use it and the tempo in England. He's far more capable and potent than many other players. Your reaction is over the top and brings his performance into a dramatic context, as it always does.

Don´t think so. And beside I haven´t said anything about the future. Just that he´s a long way from being good enough to play in the PL. Just sick of people overrating so many players.

You didn't say that :lol:

You said he let himself and all supporters down. Completley different things.

Marveaux isn't the type of player that attacks from deep, he needs to start higher up the pitch where he can use his attributes at best, he has great acceleration and balance, but i don't think we'll see the best of him until we become better/have more possession as a team. Should be doing better anyway, mind.

One weird thing about him tonight was that he cut inside quite a lot instead of getting at the fullback. Thought his set pieces were decent (purely because they beat the first man :laugh:)

Still think we've got a good player on our hands mind. There's no way I'm writing him off.

Looks like a man who still doesn't trust his own body if im honest.

This, could be half-hearted at times in defence, or pushing forwards. I think we'll see some real quality from his this year but we might have to wait a while. Not everyone can come back like Ben Arfa and be a better player within months

I honestly rate Vuckic. He shows glimpses of real ability, but i think he needs to go out on loan again. I wouldn't fancy any of our fringe players to fashion that chance out of nothing in the way he did yesterday.

I honestly rate Vuckic. He shows glimpses of real ability, but i think he needs to go out on loan again. I wouldn't fancy any of our fringe players to fashion that chance out of nothing in the way he did yesterday.

What exactly did he do? Remember reading something about it in the match thread.

It wasn't anything amazing. He was just inside the box with a defender right on him; just a bit of flair to move the ball away from his man followed by a quick shot to the far post. Was just wide. It was a good bit of skill.

Guest hatem garrincha

Surprised by his games so far. He seems to have lost the pace and energy he used to have at Rennes.

Maybe due to his injury record. But he doesn't look motivated on the pitch.

In term of talent, and regarding the current squad, I'm surprised he's still so far in the pecking order for PL games.

Surprised by his games so far. He seems to have lost the pace and energy he used to have at Rennes.

Maybe due to his injury record. But he doesn't look motivated on the pitch.

In term of talent, and regarding the current squad, I'm surprised he's still so far in the pecking order for PL games.

he struggles with the speed and the aggression of the english game so far.

Down the pecking order behind Fergie on the wing now. Needs a big impact next time he plays.

Fergie's took his limited chances and impressed, Marveaux hasn't. I agree that Fergie's bumped up in the order.