Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest alijmitchell

I must have been watching another game, I thought that in parts of the second half he was driving us forward, recycling the ball, and played some great passes (didn't he play a nice ball with the outside of the boot out to Obertan?) I only saw from 30 mins, but I thought from there he did quite well. He did do some things wrong, a poor decision and a sky-high shot, but maybe he is just a little rusty?

Wat....

He was one of our better players..... without him the midfield would have had no drive and impetus but he provided that.

Watching Tiote and Anita was as horrific as anyone could have imagined but at least Marv was there to turn pointless possession into meaningful attacks.

Guest icemanblue

Wat....

He was one of our better players..... without him the midfield would have had no drive and impetus but he provided that.

Watching Tiote and Anita was as horrific as anyone could have imagined but at least Marv was there to turn pointless possession into meaningful attacks.

Really, man?

Hopefully he'll be gone in January, as I've had my fill of grumpy Marv. He's had plenty chances to stake his claim and impress but he's just lost it. The fact he's been mainly a sicknote since being here has put the final nail in the coffin for me.

We can hopefully get a much better option than him in January. He can be creative and spark off the odd attack but he just has zero consistency to make it here.

Hopefully he'll be gone in January, as I've had my fill of grumpy Marv. He's had plenty chances to stake his claim and impress but he's just lost it. The fact he's been mainly a sicknote since being here has put the final nail in the coffin for me.

We can hopefully get a much better option than him in January. He can be creative and spark off the odd attack but he just has zero consistency to make it here.

He doesn't get the consistency of games, how can he be expected to play with consistency?

Wat....

Really, man?

From an offensive point of view I mean they provide nothing going forward..... good defensively though obviously.

Guest icemanblue

Wat....

Really, man?

From an offensive point of view I mean they provide nothing going forward..... good defensively though obviously.

That counts as 'horrific', does it? Even in an attacking sense, Anita looked to play the ball forward to the more creative players. Second half, Tiote did the same. They both had decent games.

Wat....

Really, man?

That counts as 'horrific', does it? Even in an attacking sense, Anita looked to play the ball forward to the more creative players. Second half, Tiote did the same. They both had decent games.

That's why Marveaux was important.... when Anita and and Tiote would do 5 yard forward passes into the final third he would turn it into something.

They don't really create anything its a solid base in front of the back 4 but past the half way line it doesn't provide enough IMO.

Marveaux has never been given a real chance in the team because seemingly Pardew is shit scared of playing him in the same XI as Ben Arfa.  He has played brilliant numerous times then just been dropped for no apparent reason, so if he's never given a run in the side he will never establish any kind of consistency.

I personally thought Marveaux lacked drive when push came to shove. Whenever he picked it up he seemed to be full of intent but then the longer he spent on the ball the less belief he had in himself and lost all conviction.

Prime example was when he ballooned that shot high and wide - his initial instinct got him to where he was before he shot, and then he seemed to think himself into panicking. He did it with a couple of passes that never made it through as well.

I do like Marveaux, but it's his 3rd season now and he's still only looking like he "could be a good player". Starting to think there's something missing with him unfortunately.

I honestly think Marveaux would be regarded as one of our most important players if he was given a real run in the side.

I think he does well considering he hasn't got the incentive of playing for a place in the team.

I personally thought Marveaux lacked drive when push came to shove. Whenever he picked it up he seemed to be full of intent but then the longer he spent on the ball the less belief he had in himself and lost all conviction.

Prime example was when he ballooned that shot high and wide - his initial instinct got him to where he was before he shot, and then he seemed to think himself into panicking. He did it with a couple of passes that never made it through as well.

I do like Marveaux, but it's his 3rd season now and he's still only looking like he "could be a good player". Starting to think there's something missing with him unfortunately.

Similar feelings. Obviously he would benefit from playing every week, but I don't think I would drop anyone from our current team to play him.

He clearly has tons of technique and creative intentions, but he does seem to struggle with getting into the game enough at times.