Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Who would you drop for Marveaux and how would we line up?

Tiote              Cabaye

Marveaux Sissoko

HBA                            Remy

Marveaux in for Cisse, and we're not losing much anyway, in Cisse's current form.

It always surprises me how passionate folk are about this fella.

I'm not in anyway passionate about him (think he lacks determination) but didn't some of HF's stats state that SM created a chance for somebody on average every 14 minutes or something? Basically, way more than anyone else.

Doesn't even make the bench. Again. Behind Obertan and the f***ing Ameobi brothers.

It's crazy, I think he could have done a job today.

Me too, especially as we should be looking to attack them from the off. At the very least he would be a great option to bring on towards the end if we are struggling to break through their stubborn defence.

Marveaux in a derby? :lol:

OK. :lol:

Obertan in any game, OK.  :lol:

The lack of ability of Obertan has nothing to do with the notion that Marevaux "could do a job" in a derby.

Keep him (and yes, Obertan too.) as far away from the pitch as possible, thank you very much.

I'd love to know why anyone would think Marveaux would have an impact on any game. Please list me examples where Marveaux has been on the pitch and made a positive impact. I can give plenty of examples of when he has been invisible.

That's a bit of a daft comment, he's had a positive impact on several occasions. Anzhi being the main one that springs to mind.

It must just be a mentality thing with him really, or he's still suffering from fitness issues.

Probably time to forget about him really. If Obertan's getting in the squad ahead of him, he's obviously done here. Especially with the favouritism of Sammy (and Jonas, when he returns).

Most assists last season ffs, we'd not have won some crucial games without him. He's not the best player or anything but he's probably the most creative player after Cabaye we have.

Is that right!? Jesus.

Obertan's rubbish but he's a decent option in a tight game with ten minutes left. He's direct and pacy which, in itself, encourages us to get the ball away from our goal.

Direct? :lol: Very direct if that means taking an hour to decide whether he should go forward or backwards and whether he should take on a player even though he's already past him.

Obertan's rubbish but he's a decent option in a tight game with ten minutes left. He's direct and pacy which, in itself, encourages us to get the ball away from our goal.

Direct? :lol: Very direct if that means taking an hour to decide whether he should go forward or backwards and whether he should take on a player even though he's already past him.

Aye, direct. It's happened a dozen times. He's decent at creating a counter-attack when there's 20 players in our half.

Most assists last season ffs, we'd not have won some crucial games without him. He's not the best player or anything but he's probably the most creative player after Cabaye we have.

:thup:

You'd think Marveaux not getting a game was a disgrace the way some people go on. He has barely had any impact during his time at NUFC.

Considering the little amount of pitch time afforded to him, I think he's made a very good impact. Can't remember many games where he hasn't been tidy at the very least, and there were several games where he was one of our standout players. In terms of assists/chance creation there wasn't anyone better for us last season, and I don't think we have many players who are better technically.

That's "Damning with faint praise". Marveaux having the most assists for us last season (in a God awful season) shows how poor the return is from our so called "creative players".

Considering the little amount of pitch time afforded to him, I think he's made a very good impact. Can't remember many games where he hasn't been tidy at the very least, and there were several games where he was one of our standout players. In terms of assists/chance creation there wasn't anyone better for us last season, and I don't think we have many players who are better technically.

When has Marveaux ever grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck and gone and got us a win? "A very good impact". You must have your sights set very low. I don't want Marveaux to be a tidy player. I want him (and all the other creative players) to set up chances, score goals and put 100% effort in. His usual contribution is to flit in and out of games, occasionally doing a good pass and occasionally being invisible.