Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Good to see Sylvain back amongst it. Would be nice for him to get a few cameo appearances in our run-in but I think the best approach is for him to just participate in training sessions and regain some fitness. That way, he'll be more than ready for pre-season. Though, if the physios think he's ready to play, then that's obviously fine by me.

Thank God for that.

Good to see Sylvain back amongst it. Would be nice for him to get a few cameo appearances in our run-in but I think the best approach is for him to just participate in training sessions and regain some fitness. That way, he'll be more than ready for pre-season. Though, if the physios think he's ready to play, then that's obviously fine by me.

Thank God for that.

My personal seal of approval goes down well with everything. Haha.

Guest Tyson

Has he had a clean-out operation as well, during his latest spell on the sidelines? The accumulation of muscle scar tissue is a concern re:future durablity (as the injury problems seem to be quite localised, or reoccurant).

Guest neesy111

Has he had a clean-out operation as well, during his latest spell on the sidelines? The accumulation of muscle scar tissue is a concern re:future durablity (as the injury problems seem to be quite localised, or reoccurant).

The original injury would had kept him out for 2-3 months but they also operated on his hip to get to the underlying problems.

Be great if he could get over his problems and contribute next season, we'll need the squad depth.

As others have said though anything we do get from him will be a bonus in my eyes, he's played so little the last two years that it's hard to be confident.

Guest MrSundlofer

going to be like a new signing.

Exactly.

I'm excited to see him play again. He seems like a clever player.

Guest BooBoo

Nearly two years out for this lad, anything's a bonus from him but I'm not expecting much given so long on the sidelines.

The original injury would had kept him out for 2-3 months but they also operated on his hip to get to the underlying problems.

Are there any success stories of similar injuries and operations that resurrected the player's career? I think we've done the right thing in trying to get it sorted once and for all, but don't know what the chances are it will work out. Although I really like what he can contribute as a player I fear signing him may turn out to be an expensive mistake. On the other hand, we also gambled on Demba Ba in similar fashion and that has turned out wonderfully well so far.

I have seen this fella a few times in France and I think he's a very good player. He has a lot of output, he's very efficient and this is present in nearly all of his play - his passing, his crossing and his shooting. I hope his pace hasn't been hampered too much but he always used to be very quick off the mark and very mobile, thus giving him an advantage to the ball ahead of opponents. He's also very diligent at tracking back and a good worker. He'd do well in a midfield trio in my opinion, perhaps as the advanced option, and he could play in any kind of wide role. Very happy to have him back, reckon he may get a cameo at Everton and then hopefully will drive to impress over pre-season and assert himself for next season's campaign.

I am hoping he can end up like HBA in terms of taking the correct approach in getting fit and over the injuries and then coming back a great player.  There is no need to put pressure on him at all and hopefully this approah will get him back to peek levels of performance.

Guest neesy111

Dave, if you have anyone logging on the forums where the IP lookup takes you to North Shields fish quay, next to the ferry landing...thats Lee Ryder ;)

Are you saying that I'm lee ryder when I'm work then? :lol: