Blaise Matuidi

Skeletor

Guest sicko2ndbest

There are no similarities between Nolan and Cabaye. They are totally different players:

Nolan - immobile, one paced, and can only play in one position, in the hole behind a target man

Cabaye - Box to box, can pass, can shoot, can score, quicker, yopunger, fitter and a current french international.

For the money, I guess we got the better end of the deal.

Nolan was far better in midfield than as a advanced player.

Nolan was only good in the box #fact

Given that we appear to be changing the style of our play from that of last season, it's pretty difficult to make direct comparisons between the players coming in and those going out.

Guest taps01

I wonder if we were ever serious about getting him in.

Probably when we thought his release clause was 5mil

I wonder if we were ever serious about getting him in.

Have I missed something?, what's happened to suggest we aren't?

Chronicle today:

The Toon boss is still in the hunt for a left-sided player and a striker, and revealed to the Chronicle today that he is expecting at least one more new face to be on the plane for the Magpies’ trip to the United States.

As it stands, Newcastle – who are still trying to add Swansea City star Neil Taylor to their ranks – could field a team packed with potential if everyone stays fit.

Pardew -

“The squad is looking healthy and, hopefully, there are still one or two to come.

“They won’t be in before July 4, but we hope to get one in before the tour of America – and there could well be one after the tour.”

Mark Douglas claimed he was told it was 5 plus replacements for anyone who left but he was under the impression that Taylor wasn't one of the 5.

So that's Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba plus 2 more (hopefully Zog and a striker) and then a replacement for Nolan and possible replacements Barton, Enrique and Simpson.

I would then expect Routledge, Perch, Smith, Best/Ameobi, Ranger and Xisco to be shipped out without replacements.

Think we will pick up Ireland if the price is right at the end of the window. That will be Nolans replacement.

Matuidi will depend on shipping out Smith and maybe Guthrie, getting good value in the deal and other deals and finally the player being will to come. Long shot.

Like Ireland I think we are playing the waiting game for Zog and will wait until the last day of the window if need be. He obviously wants to come here and we obviously want him. Dangerous game though, as he could easily end up being pushed somewhere else. I don't see us budging on the figure we have in mind for him. Again alot will depend on how much we broker the striker deal for imo.

The club has shown in the past if a deal comes to light that is worth investing in they will, ie Gosling and Taylor.

Like Ireland I think we are playing the waiting game for Zog and will wait until the last day of the window if need be. He obviously wants to come here and we obviously want him. Dangerous game though, as he could easily end up being pushed somewhere else.

A risky move, but because Zog's positive statements, playing it cool could be a wise decision. Instead of engaging in a bidding war, we wait until another club get a bid accepted. By default, Wigan  must then accept ours, if it's identical.  If Zog lives up to his word, he will favor a NUFC-return. Unless he's offered stupid money.

Guest Recoba

We are odd in the transfer market these days.  We dont seem to act like a football club in the traditional sense.

Ashley must love TK Maxx, sifting through all the shit looking for a cheap gem.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/spain/82169/default.aspx

Saint-Etienne: Matuidi can leave for €15 million

442 Staff - 20 minutes ago

In-demand midfielder Blaise Matuidi will leave Saint-Etienne if a club stumps up €15 million, according to the club's vice-president.

The 24-year-old France international has long been linked with a move to the Premier League - with Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool said to be among the clubs currently monitoring his situation.

And Saint-Etienne vice-president Roland Romeyer has now revelead that the Ligue 1 club will be forced to sell should any of the player's potential suitors table a bid over the agreed release clause of €15 million.

"When he extended his contract with a big pay rise we all signed an agreement with his agents for €13m plus €2m bonus clauses," Roymeyer explained.

"Below this rate, he is not allowed to leave. This is because he is not for sale. But it is obvious that if someone offers that amount, we will meet our commitments, and he will leave."

Matuidi - capped three times by his country - has played over 140 matches since joining Les Verts from Troyes in 2007, and has gone on to become one of the most highly-rated midfielders in French football.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/spain/82169/default.aspx

Saint-Etienne: Matuidi can leave for €15 million

442 Staff - 20 minutes ago

In-demand midfielder Blaise Matuidi will leave Saint-Etienne if a club stumps up €15 million, according to the club's vice-president.

The 24-year-old France international has long been linked with a move to the Premier League - with Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool said to be among the clubs currently monitoring his situation.

And Saint-Etienne vice-president Roland Romeyer has now revelead that the Ligue 1 club will be forced to sell should any of the player's potential suitors table a bid over the agreed release clause of €15 million.

"When he extended his contract with a big pay rise we all signed an agreement with his agents for €13m plus €2m bonus clauses," Roymeyer explained.

"Below this rate, he is not allowed to leave. This is because he is not for sale. But it is obvious that if someone offers that amount, we will meet our commitments, and he will leave."

Matuidi - capped three times by his country - has played over 140 matches since joining Les Verts from Troyes in 2007, and has gone on to become one of the most highly-rated midfielders in French football.

Guess that counts us out then

Pardews comments last night pretty much ruled this out anyway didn't they? Blatant 'come and him' cry though.

That's what it looks like to me.

"He's not for sale, but if you offer this amount then we'll have to accept it and let him go because we promised we would, in a private contract, in private negotiations, which potential suiters couldn't possibly know about unless I tell them. Which I just have. Oops."

:razz: