London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Lauren Sesselmann  :fwap:

Lauren Marie Sesselmann (born 14 August 1983 in Marshfield, Wisconsin) is an American-born Canadian-international soccer defender

American-born Canadian

American-born

http://americainchains2009.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/traitor11.jpg

Who cares! :yao:

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2257927840/image.jpg

Rapinoe and Morgan could be argued as better players than Wambach, but if you are playing Japan and you are going to do a Stoke on them, I would pick Sinclair over any other player that played for either the US or Canada today. Canada played well on the break, played well in the air and put in some crunching tackled that would have probably destroyed Japan's more technical and patient style.

Oh and LeRoux reminds me of...

http://images.wikia.com/hitman/images/c/cb/Marsha.png

Manc actress Marsha Thomason

LeRoux... CANADIAN BORN and RAISED (British Columbia) AMERICAN PLAYER by the way. Fair trade for Sesselman IMO, I'd say we're even.

Also GBR and ENgland's keeper is Californian born and raised, has never even lived in England.

LeRoux... CANADIAN BORN and RAISED (British Columbia) AMERICAN PLAYER by the way.

Also GBR and ENgland's keeper is Californian born and raised, has never even lived in England.

Everyone in the world is American, tbh.

Guest bimpy474

LeRoux... CANADIAN BORN and RAISED (British Columbia) AMERICAN PLAYER by the way.

Aye, it is full of retards like.

But with excellent dental hygiene.

YEEEE HAWWWW

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rqgap0.jpg

YEEEE HAWWWW

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rqgap0.jpg

Albertan.

I've never seen a keeper called for holding the ball too long in all my years of watching football. Hilarious. You hardly ever see a keeper actually distribute the ball within the time limit. Like, one out of ten times do they follow that rule.

It's like in baseball there's a similar time limit for when the pitcher is supposed to throw the ball, six seconds but most guys routinely take 30 seconds to over a minute. Either enforce the rule or get rid of it imo.

I've never seen a keeper called for holding the ball too long in all my years of watching football. Hilarious. You hardly ever see a keeper actually distribute the ball within the time limit. Like, one out of ten times do they follow that rule.

It's like in baseball there's a similar time limit for when the pitcher is supposed to throw the ball, six seconds but most guys routinely take 30 seconds to over a minute. Either enforce the rule or get rid of it imo.

A rule's a rule. If it's in the book, the ref is in the right to call it. The keeper had the ball a good 11-12 seconds.

What are you on about? You cant have seen many games in your life...

You can't be serious man. They never call that s***.

Not saying they shouldn't, just that they don't.

This tbf. They usually just stop play and book the goalie then move on. Don't remember the last time I saw an indirect freekick in the area given for it, if ever. Picking up a pass back yes, but never time wasting. Officials had a complete nightmare though. The penalty was harsh, certainly less blatant than the one at the other end 5 minutes earlier. Non fouls were given as fouls, blatant fouls were ignored and even balls in touch were waved to play on.

Regardless of the result this level of incompetence in officiating makes a farce of a good game. I'd hope after re-watching the game the officials send out an apology.

Happened in one of our matches back when Shearer was playing. He complained to the ref about the 'keeper (my memory's failing at this hour as to who it was) holding onto the ball for more than the allocated amount of time, and we were awarded an indirect free kick which we scored from iirc.

They said on the commentary that Wambach was counting to the ref the number of seconds the keeper was holding the ball for, so I guess she felt she had to give it that time.

Actually I apologize. I have never seen a penalty given for holding the ball to long. Referees usually have the common sense of giving a yellow card which I have seen before. Think it ws for the 2006 World Cup that this rule was really enforced and saw it twice or so only in that World Cup. Think they even had a goalkeeper watch on the TV in Mexico to count seconds the goalkeeper was holding the ball.

How in the hell is that a penalty? Why dont they give penalties out like that when the ball goes out and the goalkeeper holds on to the ball?

This tbf. They usually just stop play and book the goalie then move on. Don't remember the last time I saw an indirect freekick in the area given for it, if ever. Picking up a pass back yes, but never time wasting. Officials had a complete nightmare though. The penalty was harsh, certainly less blatant than the one at the other end 5 minutes earlier. Non fouls were given as fouls, blatant fouls were ignored and even balls in touch were waved to play on.

Regardless of the result this level of incompetence in officiating makes a farce of a good game. I'd hope after re-watching the game the officials send out an apology.

Aye, sorry never realized they had given a pelanty since I didnt watch the match. But that is fucking ridiculous. I guess most americans are all like ''Well its part of the rules..'' Fuck off. Had that happened to you, then you guys wouldve been pissed off.

Happened in one of our matches back when Shearer was playing. He complained to the ref about the 'keeper (my memory's failing at this hour as to who it was) holding onto the ball for more than the allocated amount of time, and we were awarded an indirect free kick which we scored from iirc.

Jussi Jaaskelainen? Seem to remember the hippo having a strop about it and laughing me tits off. Bastard got me back later like.

By chance watched the USA v Canada SF last night and although I'll admit to previously being a little cynical about ladies football (not as a participation sport but as a spectator sport) it was probably the best "neutral" game I've seen in years. The standard of goalkeeping, defensive strategy, attacking play and commitment was amazing. It was like the epic summer game we've been waiting for in the men's tournaments but just hasn't happened recently.

Credit to the Newcastle supporting lad from Consett who coaches the Canadian team.

Aye, sorry never realized they had given a pelanty since I didnt watch the match. But that is fucking ridiculous. I guess most americans are all like ''Well its part of the rules..'' Fuck off. Had that happened to you, then you guys wouldve been pissed off.

The penalty wasn't for holding onto the ball too long. :lol: There was an indirect free kick for that which resulted in handball + penalty.