Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

£40kpw seems a fair offer for his talents, I wonder how much more he's on and what it would take to get him?

I reckon that's the end of this one though, probably why were trying to sort it out with Joey.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

We live in a world where 40k a week is "just ridiculous" - and ridiculous that it's not enough rather than too much. Extraordinary.

Yeah, what a world... a player turns down a transfer to an inferior club that would've paid him less money? THE CHEEK OF THE MAN.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Is he also going to be away to the ACN in Jan? To be honest, we can't afford to be left with Loven and Shola for that crucial period whilst Ba is off too.

Shola could be in Africa too. Loven it is. Enjoy Christmas - it might be a bleak Winter afterwards...

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

@

@CaulkinTheTimes do you think the agent was annoyed he'd been cut out the loop by any chance? Seems they spoke to another agent not him!

:no:

40k sounds like a fair offer to me,anyway.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

We live in a world where 40k a week is "just ridiculous" - and ridiculous that it's not enough rather than too much. Extraordinary.

Yeah, what a world... a player turns down a transfer to an inferior club that would've paid him less money? THE CHEEK OF THE MAN.

That's not what he or I was saying, you idiot.

@

@CaulkinTheTimes do you think the agent was annoyed he'd been cut out the loop by any chance? Seems they spoke to another agent not him!

£40k is a fair offer if he's earning less than that, otherwise it's fucking stupid. Who moves jobs in the same profession for less money?

Agents are proper cunts! I don't believe a word of what they say.

It's clear the offer isn't enough, but I doubt it's less than he's currently on.

He's come out and said that to make us offer him more money, basically.

@

£40k is a fair offer if he's earning less than that, otherwise it's fucking stupid. Who moves jobs in the same profession for less money?

Some people do if the opportunities to progress are better.

By that, I mean it's far more likely that a Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd will be more likely to want him if he's spent a year or two with us.

"They have known all along, what it would take to land Barnetta and what he is earning now, and this sort of offer really does border on ridiculous."

Cheap cunts for life. :lol:

@

By that, I mean it's far more likely that a Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd will be more likely to want him if he's spent a year or two with us.

Aye, we're a much better prospect than a team playing in the Champions League. Behave, man :lol:

@

Aye, we're a much better prospect than a team playing in the Champions League. Behave, man :lol:

I didn't say that you pleb.

@

I didn't say that you pleb.

He's got a better opportunity to progress playing for a successful club in Europe than he has here.