Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Signing him would make sense as he would be effective in a midfield 3 and also wide in a 442.

Could play wide in a 4-3-3 when Ba goes to Africa or just needs rest or injured etc etc, it makes sense for a lot of reasons i hope we do go back in for him.

I hope that Pardew is in for him but I don't think he'll be keen to come here after they messed him about last summer.

I'm more afraid of other clubs paying a bigger sign on fee than we could match. Last season we could sign quality players like Barnetta under the radar. Now everybody will be spying on us. If informal channels say we're interested in him, other clubs will almost certainly follow.

Quality player. Can ping good crosses in and seems like a good option on set pieces as well, and he'll certainly slot in the LCM / Ba role if we do go 4-3-3

Cabaye Tioté Barnetta

Ben Arfa Cissé Ba

or

Cabaye Tioté New CM

Ben Arfa Cissé Barnetta

either way,  :drool:

please make it happen.

Quality player. Can ping good crosses in and seems like a good option on set pieces as well, and he'll certainly slot in the LCM / Ba role if we do go 4-3-3

Cabaye Tioté Barnetta

Ben Arfa Cissé Ba

or

Cabaye Tioté New CM

Ben Arfa Cissé Barnetta

please make it happen.

What's wrong with Jonas?

Cabaye Tioté Barnetta

Ben Arfa Cissé Ba

or

Cabaye Tioté New CM

Ben Arfa Cissé Barnetta

please make it happen.

What's wrong with Jonas?

Whoops, forgot about him :blush: I'm guilty of sometimes underrating the defensive shift he puts in but I wouldn't mind a more natural option to CM

Cabaye Tioté Barnetta

Ben Arfa Cissé Ba

or

Cabaye Tioté New CM

Ben Arfa Cissé Barnetta

please make it happen.

What's wrong with Jonas?

Great squad player but to be honest I'm hoping that next year he won't be part of our strongest eleven.

A new CM to play alongside Tiote and Cabaye in the 4-3-3 should be one of our main targets for the summer IMO.

Jonas does work hard its true but merely that is undervaluing him in his deep midfield role alongside Tiote.....

He intercepts and links play and get the ball in the attacking third for others probably better than anyone else we have the short sharp passes, intecepting skill and ability to dribble in tight spaces is an underrated part of Jonas game i feel.

If you watch a lot of the goals we scored in the 4-3-3 alot of the times the attack is started by a 5 yard throughball by Jonas into Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Ba.

While i understand the want for a more natural option i would be very comfortable to see Jonas-Tiote-Cabaye in the middle next season.

Jonas does work hard its true but merely that is undervaluing him in his deep midfield role alongside Tiote.....

He intercepts and links play and get the ball in the attacking third for others probably better than anyone else we have the short sharp passes, intecepting skill and ability to dribble in tight spaces is an underrated part of Jonas game i feel.

If you watch a lot of the goals we scored in the 4-3-3 alot of the times the attack is started by a 5 yard throughball by Jonas into Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Ba.

While i understand the want for a more natural option i would be very comfortable to see Jonas-Tiote-Cabaye in the middle next season.

Agree! Eg. the through ball to HBA against WBA.  Or against Stoke where he found Cabaye who then went on and hit the mother of all passes.  The graft he puts down each match must not be underestimated.  Have no problem seeing Jonas pairing up with Tiote next season. It's much more important that we funnel the money into two proper defenders and a good, promising attacker .

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love it if we signed him but i cant see it unfortunatly..... think we are more focused on CF, CM, RB and CB atm and i think if we signed those 4 players that will do us unless some players leave out of the blue.

Schalke are getting a very good player for nothing if true.

• 2 weeks later...