Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Pleased with this if true.

Can this guy play in the centre as well? What sort of player is he?

Not really a central player I don't think. Right footed winger, pretty quick, and can play either on the right or left. Good free kick on him too.

:thup:

Depends I guess what the thought is. It could be they are getting shot of Harper as has been suggested (part of the "group" in the club), letting Foster or Krul go on loan meaning they need an experienced goalkeeper to act as backup. The straight swap with Foster makes no sense.

What an awful transfer that would be. Lunacy.

Getting rid of another leader (I'd imagine) and senior pro in the squad would be daft too IMO. Harper is fine to sit on the bench or whatever.

How would this summer be seen if we did sign a good left back, barnetta and a good forward, but losing Enrique and Barton?

I think it is a gamble losing 3 influencial players like Nolan, Barton & Enrique but on paper our squad would look stronger than last season especially when you consider the return to action of Ben Arfa and Gosling. In an ideal world we would have a centre half back up but I think given how its gone so far that would be greedy?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/g600616996.gif

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/082009/1249977126_dramatic_black_woman.gif

http://gallery.fanserviceftw.com/_images/7fa40f628f3286371065a7646365d77f/277%20-%20animated_gif%20dramatic_look%20shawn_michaels%20triple_h%20wwe.gif

WUT? Title Change you say? This is the erding thread all over isn't it

How would this summer be seen if we did sign a good left back, barnetta and a good forward, but losing Enrique and Barton?

I think it is a gamble losing 3 influencial players like Nolan, Barton & Enrique but on paper our squad would look stronger than last season especially when you consider the return to action of Ben Arfa and Gosling. In an ideal world we would have a centre half back up but I think given how its gone so far that would be greedy?

Its what was expected at the start, so guess no one could complain. Just hope the replacements happen - which i think they will.

Signing a good forward seems totally beyond us at this point in time.

Have to admit I have no idea if a striker might be coming and who the hell it might be. Long seemed a decent option but the Journal seem to think we aren't interested.

I'm a bit skeptical about this one like. There's no direct quotes from anyone in that article and it seems to have come straight off the back of this thread. Mebbies I'm just a paranoid mess after this past week.

I just can't think of a forward that would fall in to our remit to be honest. I'm hoping we are holding out for a loan deal for Sturridge but I think thats very wishful thinking. If reports are true that Villa-Boas does want Pato then it could open the door as they will have 3 marquee forwards in Torres, Drogba and Pato. Kalou & Anelka were reported to be leaving in the Pato deal.

this summer would be seen as a gamble,involving mimimal expenditure

this summer would be seen as a gamble,involving mimimal expenditure

I'm assuming that a new left back, Barnetta and striker would cost a bit more than agent fee's and tarmac mind. But given what we've had in from Carroll, Nolan & Enrique (probable) then expenditure would be minimal.

Any transfers are a gamble but replacing very experienced and influencial players like Nolan, Enrique & Barton makes it even more of a gamble.

A lot of us wanted to see Nolan out of the team anyway, the Enrique seemed adamant for a move after selling Carroll and regardless of blame it seems it would be a bad idea now to keep Barton, IMO that situation has gone past the point of return regardless of who's fault it is. So it seems like its a gamble we needed to take? I don't know maybe I am a glass half full person and looking at the situation with black & white tinted glasses on?