Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

I'm a bit skeptical about this one like. There's no direct quotes from anyone in that article and it seems to have come straight off the back of this thread. Mebbies I'm just a paranoid mess after this past week.

Seems strange that Douglas (i think he wrote it) would pinpoint Tuesday gone for opening talks though. I would hope, this would suggest he knows something?

Guest Roger Kint

Signing a good forward seems totally beyond us at this point in time.

Yep, the only hope I have of a forward, is a loan. Really can't think of anyone who fits our bill though.

Looking at current bigger squads, Macheda, Vela, Adebayor(lol) Guidetti, Santa Cruz, M Diouff would no doubt all be available although not particularly appealing. Man United and Arsenal have a few kids who wouldnt be good enough for this level i would imagine.

Bellamy has said hes going nowhere, Welbeck/Sturridge wont be allowed to leave and cant think of any more clubs in England with a spare striker to loan tbh.

I'm a bit skeptical about this one like. There's no direct quotes from anyone in that article and it seems to have come straight off the back of this thread. Mebbies I'm just a paranoid mess after this past week.

No. This thread came off the back of previous rumours in the press about Barnetta coming to us.

How would this summer be seen if we did sign a good left back, barnetta and a good forward, but losing Enrique and Barton?

I think it is a gamble losing 3 influencial players like Nolan, Barton & Enrique but on paper our squad would look stronger than last season especially when you consider the return to action of Ben Arfa and Gosling. In an ideal world we would have a centre half back up but I think given how its gone so far that would be greedy?

I'd consider it a success to be honest. It would've been nice to see some of the fringe players replaced with better quality, rather than first team players, but we've definitely added more pace and creativity to the side which is something we've needed to do for a long time.

Obviously it depends very much on who we bring in but if it was something like Barnetta, Long and M'Bengue then happy days. If, however, it was Bridge, Carlton Cole and Barnetta then i'll be more than a little underwhelmed.

Signing a good forward seems totally beyond us at this point in time.

Yep, the only hope I have of a forward, is a loan. Really can't think of anyone who fits our bill though.

Looking at current bigger squads, Macheda, Vela, Adebayor(lol) Guidetti, Santa Cruz, M Diouff would no doubt all be available although not particularly appealing. Man United and Arsenal have a few kids who wouldnt be good enough for this level i would imagine.

Bellamy has said hes going nowhere, Welbeck/Sturridge wont be allowed to leave and cant think of any more clubs in England with a spare striker to loan tbh.

Yup. We'll need to buy a striker outright rather than scavenge someone on the fringes of the bigger clubs. Shane Long suddenly looking the best option available sadly. We'll probably end up with Luke Moore #fml.

Since I'm a fan of M. Diouf's old club, Molde FK, I would love it if we signed him. He's hard working, got good technique and is incredible fast (one of the fastest in PL).  And he's a nice guy too. He didn't fit into Blackburn's style of play, but hook Diof together with a CM who is capable of hitting some passes in space, no defender is able to keep up with him. He scored plenty goals that way in Molde.

Since I'm a fan of M. Diouf's old club, Molde FK, I would love it if we signed him. He's hard working, got good technique and is incredible fast (one of the fastest in PL).  And he's a nice guy too. He didn't fit into Blackburn's style of play, but hook Diof together with a CM who is capable of hitting some passes in space, no defender is able to keep up with him. He scored plenty goals that way in Molde.

I just assumed he wasn't a nice guy because he was called Diouf TBH.

Any worries about his goalscoring? Didn't get many for Blackburn.

Since I'm a fan of M. Diouf's old club, Molde FK, I would love it if we signed him. He's hard working, got good technique and is incredible fast (one of the fastest in PL).  And he's a nice guy too. He didn't fit into Blackburn's style of play, but hook Diof together with a CM who is capable of hitting some passes in space, no defender is able to keep up with him. He scored plenty goals that way in Molde.

Is he also going to be away to the ACN in Jan? To be honest, we can't afford to be left with Loven and Shola for that crucial period whilst Ba is off too.

Certainly has promise, but I think we need someone with a little bit more. Whether we'll get it or not is a different question.

"As it stands there is not a hope in hell that he will be going to Newcastle. In fact I am angry at their attempts to do it, and behind my back also,"

"Why on earth would Tranquilo move to Newcastle for less money? No offence to Newcastle, he would possibly consider going to Arsenal, Liverpool even Tottenham for less - but not Newcastle."

f***ing hell  :lol: Agents man.