Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

I don't know why this thread has been suddenly bumped there's been absolutely no link suggesting we've revitalised our interest in him recently.

Well errrmmm

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/02/tranquillo-barnetta-lined-up-to-replace-joey-barton-61634-29159519/2/

I wouldn't be surprised if they ran that story after seeing this thread yesterday.

Barnetta would be textbook Ashley, in the last year of his contract and subsequently available for a knock down price.

Like N'Zogbia?

He'd be much cheaper than N'Zogbia, Leverkusen are only looking for around five million according to reports.

Barnetta would be textbook Ashley, in the last year of his contract and subsequently available for a knock down price.

Like N'Zogbia?

He'd be much cheaper than N'Zogbia, Leverkusen are only looking for around five million according to reports.

:lol:

Why even bother replying to such a silly retort.

Just have to accept people want to be sad, angry and down about everything, so let them.

Like N'Zogbia?

:lol:

Why even bother replying to such a silly retort.

Just have to accept people want to be sad, angry and down about everything, so let them.

"silly retort"? Bit rich coming from the king of silly posts.

I was just making a point. Zoggy was available on the cheap, in the last year of his contract etc. and we didn't go for him. Where's the evidence that this is more than pie in the sky talk?

Guest Antec

There is absolutely no chance we are going to sign a player of this calibre - either going to be a free youngster or an ageing crock who will play for peanuts. Same for Jose's replacement.

That's Barton's fault though

There is absolutely no chance we are going to sign a player of this calibre - either going to be a free youngster or an ageing crock who will play for peanuts. Same for Jose's replacement.

That's Barton's fault though

Of course it is...

Guest Chubby Jason

If Joey goes, he'll come. He's another bargain type, see Cabaye/Ben Arfa.

No he won't, I can't see us bringing in anyone else.

If Joey goes, he'll come in, just the same situation as if Jose goes someone else will come in. I still think we'll get Erding in, in spite of their situations.

If you are to believe certain journos (which I know, probably waffle), Erdinc deal is off due to inability to agree personal terms.  Personal terms?  With the wage bill down, and all that Andy Carroll used up on tarmac, lightbulbs and whatever-bloody else...  How anyone can seriously believe Barton will be replaced properly, when we haven't replaced Carroll properly despite having funds and time, and we haven't replaced Enrique even though we've known for a month or so that he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Utter madness.

If Joey goes, he'll come in, just the same situation as if Jose goes someone else will come in. I still think we'll get Erding in, in spite of their situations.

If you are to believe certain journos (which I know, probably waffle), Erdinc deal is off due to inability to agree personal terms.  Personal terms?  With the wage bill down, and all that Andy Carroll used up on tarmac, lightbulbs and whatever-bloody else...  How anyone can seriously believe Barton will be replaced properly, when we haven't replaced Carroll properly despite having funds and time, and we haven't replaced Enrique even though we've known for a month or so that he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Utter madness.

Can't disagree too much on any of that. Despite what I think of Barton and Enrique's convenient excuses, I am sceptical of our intent to spend seriously this window. The only good thing about Barton's outbursts is that it will put more pressure on the board to prove him wrong...or right as the situation may be.

Utter madness.

Can't disagree too much on any of that. Despite what I think of Barton and Enrique's convenient excuses, I am sceptical of our intent to spend seriously this window. The only good thing about Barton's outbursts is that it will put more pressure on the board to prove him wrong...or right as the situation may be.

I'm sceptical about that too, in fact I actually believe they don't intend to spend much. Enrique leaving doesn't have much to do with that though, I just think circumstances have evolved to the point where he is bound to leave.

As for signings, praying we get a LB and another striker, and that they undervalued like the players we've signed already.