The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

I'm giving up betting after seeing that.

It's the feeling I got. Then thought :best:

Need Montpellier to win 2-0, Sporting to stay 1-0 and Udinese to grab 2 goals if I'm getting anything from this correct score cunt. :lol:

Guest Rey Mysterio

Cheers guys. It's basically Ladbrokes messing up and me taking advantage of it. Wigan to score 6 or more tries today is never in a million years a 50/1 shot, they got the home and away team mixed up so that should have been the price for Widnes. (turns out they bagged 6 too!)

Someone mentioned about posting it on here pre-game, basically every market for that game disappeared on Ladbrokes as soon as the bet was accepted, otherwise I'd have been telling every man and his dog to get on with as much as they were prepared to risk. In hindsight I wish I'd have staked more but I didn't think the max stake would be anywhere near 200 so just plumped for that figure on the off chance it would be accepted.

Keep your eyes peeled next weekend folks!

Song to open the scoring, Ba to make it 1-1, RVP 2-1 then Ba 93rd minute header for 2-2 from an Obertan cross. Watch this space. 175/1 2-2 Song FS. I should never bet on dreams.

Also, im new to the online betting scene. Ive got a free bet on PP but no balance in my account, however I can't use my free bet. It just says 'add funds'. Anyone know the score?

Worthy of a reminder/link - anyone got an update on this?

Do people have any systems?

I wanted to use betfair to lay £x on the favourite at every dog meeting, but the money traded on there is too limited/non-existant. The results over a month say you'd clean up. If anyone knows anywhere else I can lay that amount on every race, please let me know.

I'm also looking at a one-nil correct score system. Individual bets on every team with odds shorter than a certain threshold I'm yet to calculate.

Happy,

I don't have a particular system for football bets but have friends who are adamant that you should never back a raging favourite when they're away from home (i.e: F.A Cup Barnet Vs Chelsea).

Also know people who don't back away teams at all because they reckon statistically they prove too unreliable. I've never checked the stats over a 5/10 year period but its an interesting policy.

A bet I've often considered doing but never really been arsed is 'draw half time/win full time' for all of the odds on favourites on any given weekend. Example: Chelsea Vs Sheff Utd or Man Utd Vs Watford. Based on the premise that the cream always rises and the better quality 11 players should outperform the lesser 11 quality players from the other side eventually.

Finally, a mate of mine who is a full time gambler often looks to south america, eastern europe & the American MLS for best value bets. He must be doing ok cos he's just bought a restaurant for cash.

Would be interested to hear if anyone actually has a successful system.