The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

I'm gonna call gambleaware hotline first thing tomorrow morning (I'd probably put a bet first knowing me!), feeling like right shit. I can't not say that I've been thinking about betting pretty much none-stop since Wednesday. First thing when I wake.... it comes to my mind! (I'm sure it will happen tomorrow.)  Sigh.

Can't believe this was triggered by someone taking the piss with the Shearer next Wolves manager tip. :lol:

Least you can laugh about it, perfect avatar, sums up your betting life. :lol:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Michael+Chopra+Cardiff+City+v+Reading+npower+PWP5QpW-BCVl.jpg

Would be more apt right now. :lol:

Dinho. :no:

Genuinely mate, even if you don't call GambleAware like you say you will, go into your settings. You can set a daily/weekly/monthly cap on all betting websites. It's genuinely helped me. I've never gone to the level you have these past few days but for my level of income, it was definitely adding up to too much. Unfortunately going back down that route if I don't ditch my BetVictor and Ladbrokes accounts soon.

Btw, just looking at Euro 2012 odds. France at 14/1 seems a bit high, doesn't it? Obviously it's hard to look past the Spanish, but still. Also fancy Croatia as an outside shot at 50/1

No chance Spain will win it imo. Can see them dropping out in the group stages like it happened to France at WC 2002 after two straight titles.

Players like Casillas, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Ramos or Torres all seem like they need a break or are out of form.

Germany almost have to win it this year - the midfield that squad has is simply incredible. Players like Özil, Schweinsteiger, Müller, Reus, Götze, Khedira - simply a great midfield. Added to that one of Gomez or Klose up front and the typical luck Germany almost always seem to have at those tournaments.

Btw, just looking at Euro 2012 odds. France at 14/1 seems a bit high, doesn't it? Obviously it's hard to look past the Spanish, but still. Also fancy Croatia as an outside shot at 50/1

I agree that they're a little overpriced. Good value considering they should get out of the group stages fairly comfortably.

I currently have £350 on Spain at prices varying from 5/2 to 11/4.

Starting to see if there's any value in the Manchester derby now. I quite like the idea of a Scholes/Man U wincast.

bet365 have some freebet deal on the match. Bet once pre-match and they'll match the bet with an in-play only bet

Starting to see if there's any value in the Manchester derby now. I quite like the idea of a Scholes/Man U wincast.

bet365 have some freebet deal on the match. Bet once pre-match and they'll match the bet with an in-play only bet

Make a pre-match stake (on certain markets IIRC) up to £50 and then another of similar value In-play. If the in-play bet loses, they'll refund it.

You don't get a free bet token (it'd take too long to process I think)