The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Guest Roger Kint

PP money back offer on group winners - £5 on Poland, Germany, France, Spain - £140 back. Saves wasting it on horses i guess  :lol:

Guest neesy111

What's your set predictions for the 2 men's semi-finals, btw? 

Do you think Ferrer has it in him to take 2 sets off Nadal?

What about the Federer and Djokovic match? 3-2 to the later?

After viewing Ferrer's record v Nadal, it'll be over in 3 sets.

Djoker to win in 4.

Going for a £1 on-

Sharapova win

Djokovic 3-2

but not sure about Nadal v Ferrer. I'm deliberating between 3-0 or 3-1 for the former. :okay:

I reckon the only reason you're entertaining the thought of Ferrer getting a set is because the odds are better, not because you believe he'll get one!

Bad way to bet dude.

Even I've learnt that lesson.

Classic case for me is when betting on a footy score and going for 2-1, when really, I'm not confident of the other side scoring one, it's just I don't want my bet to be over immediately if they do score (i.e. by going for 1-0, 2-0).

Going for a £1 on-

Sharapova win

Djokovic 3-2

but not sure about Nadal v Ferrer. I'm deliberating between 3-0 or 3-1 for the former. :okay:

I reckon the only reason you're entertaining the thought of Ferrer getting a set is because the odds are better, not because you believe he'll get one!

Bad way to bet dude.

Not on this one. I'm genuinely in two minds.  Although, I do admit that I quite used to do that at the beginning. :lol: I'm a bit more careful with my choices now, especially with money getting a bit tight.

Anyway.... Ferrer was quite good against Murray, plus he loves playing on the clay, so taking one set against Nadal wouldn't be that surprising, imo. But Nadal is in such shit-hot form.

The reason I'm hesitating is because yesterday was really the first time I've seen Ferrer play..... so I don't really know too much about his capabilities.

Netherlands/Germany

Poland/Russia

Spain/Italy

France/England

to qualify from the group stages, regardless of places, is 27/1 with Skybet.

Cheers for the info. :thup:

Thought only bets on 1st/2nd were available.

Done this with Poland & Russia / Germany & Portugal / Italy & Ireland / France & England. 10€ returns around 8,000€.