Moussa 'not ex-Liverpool player Mohammed' Sissoko

Stu

Alan Pardew is not in the hunt for Moussa Sissoko – despite claims from his agent Bacary Sanogo that talks with the Magpies have already taken place.

Gibson is a genuine target, however

Pardew, who returned from holiday today, knows all about the midfielder after scouting Toulouse last season when running the rule over Cheikh M’Bengue, but a United source said today: “There have been no discussions or talks with any of Sissoko’s representatives. It is merely agent talk.”

Meanwhile, the agent of Toulouse’s Moussa Sissoko has claimed Newcastle are one of a host of clubs interested in the £13.3m-rated midfielder. Regarded as a genuine “box-to-box” player, the 21-year-old greatly impressed in Ligue 1 last season, attracting the interest of its biggest club.

“The link with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one,” stressed Sissoko’s representative Bacary Sanogo. “There are also negotiations with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week

“His priority is a club with a major sporting project. But it will not pose a problem to Moussa to remain with Toulouse.” Sissoko should have few problems fitting in at St James’ Park, where French is in danger of becoming the dressing room’s lingua franca, with Mehdi Abeid’s arrival set to be made official on July 1.

He joins fellow French speakers Cheick Tioté and Hatem Ben Arfa, who were signed last August.

The apparent interest of big-spending Liverpool in particular will concern the Magpies. Despite an impressive debut season on Merseyside, Portuguese Raul Meireles is expected to be one of the victims of a wide-scale revamp of the Reds’ squad.

Newcastle have also been linked with Darron Gibson, a potential alternative if they were to be squeezed out of the Sissoko bid.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/27/newcastle-still-confident-of-signing-neil-taylor-61634-28946471/2/#ixzz1QTZlHxuq

From today's Journal. No new quotes though.

Alan Pardew is not in the hunt for Moussa Sissoko – despite claims from his agent Bacary Sanogo that talks with the Magpies have already taken place.

Gibson is a genuine target, however

Gibson can fuck off. Seriously, i would be angry if we sign him.

Let Sunderland "Beat" us to that signing, god of football, do you hear me, i want Sunderland to be top dawgs of North east for 5.min while Gibson decides what to do. Amen jesus.

Gibson is a decent Premiership player. I have no idea what the aversion to signing him is. Sissoko is better, but he'll be attracting a higher echelon of club.

He's wank man. Poor passer, nee vision, can't tackle, shoots all the fucking time. Just generally a shitty player.

Gibson is a decent Premiership player. I have no idea what the aversion to signing him is. Sissoko is better, but he'll be attracting a higher echelon of club.

He's w*** man. Poor passer, nee vision, can't tackle, shoots all the f***ing time. Just generally a shitty player.

This.

I'd only want another centre-midfielder if they were going straight into the first team.

It might seem a bit excessive signing two high-quality centre-mids in one window, when there are priorities all over the park, but the benefit of having a fantastic engine room are ten-fold. The relegation season is a good example cos back then it was the polar opposite. It weakens your defense and it weakens your attack... a midfield trio of Cabaye, Tiote and Sissoko (for eg) would have the opposite effect, especially from a defensive point of view. Superb possession retention and a steely rearguard. It'd improve the team massively.

Signing the likes of Ireland or Gibson to act as more cover, i see very little point in doing - from a wages perspective if nothing else. Sign better first-teamers and relegate the current ones to cover. Don't sign more cover. Ifugetme.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to Gibson because there's fuck all chance we are in for Sissoko. Never really noticed Gibson before, probably because he's not one of their key players who actually make things happen.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to Gibson because there's fuck all chance we are in for Sissoko. 

Hmm :undecided:

The fact that his agent is naming our club as having an interest means it isn't happening as far as I'm concerned. If it was serious he would have kept his trap shut.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to Gibson because there's fuck all chance we are in for Sissoko. 

Hmm :undecided:

The fact that his agent is naming our club as having an interest means it isn't happening as far as I'm concerned. If it was serious he would have kept his trap shut.

I think the quotes are quite consistent there. Is that why you highlighted them? I'm slightly bemused.

As with Matuidi, I'm baffled at the continued interest in signing another defensive midfielder.

Surely the reported £13m could be better spent on a right winger or a centre forward? Or a right back?

are you serious? smh