The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Are Spurs in a 'sell before we buy' situation? Don't understand one bit why they didn't just get Given if the cash is there.

Yes. We're probably near the top of our wage budget vs turnover (considering we don't have CL this year) and have more than 25 potential squad players. Losing high-earning bit-part players like Keane and Bentley would be nice, but we're having to consider cashing in on Palacios and Kranjcar to create space.

Are Spurs in a 'sell before we buy' situation? Don't understand one bit why they didn't just get Given if the cash is there.

Heard someone on the radio today who's name escapes me who seemed to know Given fairly well and hinted that not every play fancies living in the big smoke...

Yes. We're probably near the top of our wage budget vs turnover (considering we don't have CL this year) and have more than 25 potential squad players. Losing high-earning bit-part players like Keane and Bentley would be nice, but we're having to consider cashing in on Palacios and Kranjcar to create space.

The rumour is that the clear out (and some new recruits) start on Monday when they all get back from South Africa.  My money is on Vucinic being the first one in.

EPL sides just look so shell shocked when they come up against these MLS sides.  They must really think they are shit and then the first 15 minutes are like "holy shit"

I think it's more that a) they don't care and b) they're not match fit.

Philly win, Moyes out.

Some of the gayest goal music I've ever heard.

:lol:

The DOOP music is awesome. It's completely ridiculous, somewhat intentionally. Philly are one of the few MLS sides who actually have some soul tbh, the music is a little tongue in cheek.

EPL sides just look so shell shocked when they come up against these MLS sides.  They must really think they are shit and then the first 15 minutes are like "holy shit"

I think it's more that a) they don't care and b) they're not match fit.

It doesn't really look entirely like a fitness thing though.  It honestly looks like they are just shocked at the actual competition.

side note: 67 thousand at Seattle/Man U.