The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

I hate to say it, but Spurs are a very decent side, and actually have a chance of winning the league.

good on them for not relinquishing modric

Nah, Spurs sell all their players, that's the only reason they're as good as they are. :rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but Spurs are a very decent side, and actually have a chance of winning the league.

Nah, Spurs sell all their players, that's the only reason they're as good as they are. :rolleyes:

berbatov and keane enabled them to get to the point where they could hold on to their players (then again had chelsea offered 40mill for modric i think he'd be in blue)

Watching Chelsea's total lack of creativity in midfield (again) today, I reckon they'll have another go at getting him pretty soon.

berbatov and keane enabled them to get to the point where they could hold on to their players (then again had chelsea offered 40mill for modric i think he'd be in blue)

and Carrick.

they did offer 40m apparently. Think selling Berbatov set them back a few years as they failed to properly replace him until adebayor, pav was a bit of a waste. don't think the keane argument holds true, he was only gone for a couple of months and was on the way down anyway.

No, I think Levy had nailed his colours firmly to the mast. Or his balls to the wall. Or something. I think it would have taken bonkers money - Torres money - and even then he might have said no on principle.

Still, we just can't afford the wages to keep a big enough squad of those players happy for long. Have to expand the ground. There were Liverpool fans on RAWK talking about our need to just pay the big wages - how many times do you have to tell them about the concept of living within your means?