The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Think this guy is a bit trigger happy with the bookings. Set the tone for himself with the early soft booking for adam and then had to send him off and now basically every tackle is a yellow card. Don't like refs like that it spoils the game.

Still liverpool getting dicked on. Happy with that :)

Guest bimpy474

Harsh yellow like, Adam didn't have a clue Parker was there.

That doesn't really matter. It was ugly, and clearly a yellow card.

It really wasn't and it does matter. If you don't know there's a player behind you and you go for a high ball with your foot it isn't a foul. It's raiding your leg, you're still allowed to raise your leg.

But as the rules stand, there doesn't have to be intent, unlike say handball, he was high and missed the ball, studs down Parker leg, hence the booking, may not be fair but the ref is right by the rule book, which is s**** by the way on many things.

Ok didn't realise that there doesn't have to be intent. I'm still sticking with it was a harsh yellow.

Thats why the rules are cack, intent, no intent its crap, the refs aren't allowed to use Discretion, if they were we wouldn't have this intent/no intent stuff.

I agree in theory, but the problem is, allowing the ref to use discretion relies upon referees having a clue about the intricacies of playing the game. I'm not sure I'd trust any of the referees to really use their discretion right now tbh.

Brilliant point mate, i played in a game, we got a last minute penalty, we took it and scored, their players encroached and we were made to take it again and missed, ref got it wrong as he didn't know the rules, thats why i dont trust the ref's the rules tbf to them are mental, when i studied them they were so complicated it was nuts.

The FA/ruling body have made an easy game difficult for no reason.

Guest sydneycove

can someone explain why Skrtel is at RB because I really don't get it

DAgger went off injured after Bale tore him a new one and Dogleash in all his wisdom didn't name a RB on his bench