The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Spot the not so subtle jab from Moyes:

"What we needed to do from this period was find a win from somewhere. We've had a really difficult last three games, with Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea, and we have got Manchester United next week.

"Arguably three of those will realistically be up there at the top of the league and we had Liverpool in there as well."

:lol:

:lol:

Aguero has proven nothing until he performs on a cold Wednesday night at the Britannia like.

Or a mid week match in the league cup against someone like Grimsby,  they play on an ice rink in winter.

Aguero has proven nothing until he performs on a cold Wednesday night at the Britannia like.

Or a mid week match in the league cup against someone like Grimsby,  they play on an ice rink in winter.

Or maybe even a light rain at the Reebok? Doesn't know what's hit him does Sergio, cold weather and shit.

He wouldn't play!

So what's changed about Man City to take them to the next level? Look at their starting line-up today and I note that only 2 of them weren't there last year. Players just getting to know each other better?

Silva playing with full confidence is massive.

So what's changed about Man City to take them to the next level? Look at their starting line-up today and I note that only 2 of them weren't there last year. Players just getting to know each other better?

Even though they had Tevez, Aguero is a cut above.

I definitely think it's a familiarity thing rather than any massive influence new personnel have had - though Dzeko's form particularly has been sensational for their link-up play. Obviously Silva is still the daddy, but you'll note that when they're in full swing Dzeko is usually pretty influential too.

What's impressed me about Aguero is - as well as the outstanding quality we all knew he possessed - how quickly he's settled into this league. I guess truly great players don't need a "settling period".

What's impressed me about Aguero is - as well as the outstanding quality we all knew he possessed - how quickly he's settled into this league. I guess truly great players don't need a "settling period".

Has he played away at Stoke yet though?