The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

#Villarreal XI v #Napoli D. Lopez, Oriol, A. Lopez, Musacchio, Zapata, De Guzman, Senna, Perez, B. Soriano, M. Ruben, Nilmar

#Napoli XI v #Villarreal De Sanctis, Aronica, Cannavaro, Campagnaro, Maggio, Inler, Zuniga, Hamsik, Gargano, Lavezzi, Cavani

Basel XI: Sommer, Park, Abraham, Dragovic, Steinhofer, Shaqiri, Cabral, F. Frei, G. Xhaka, Streller, A. Frei

Man United XI: De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Park, Giggs, Jones, Nani, Young, Rooney

#Villarreal XI v #Napoli D. Lopez, Oriol, A. Lopez, Musacchio, Zapata, De Guzman, Senna, Perez, B. Soriano, M. Ruben, Nilmar

#Napoli XI v #Villarreal De Sanctis, Aronica, Cannavaro, Campagnaro, Maggio, Inler, Zuniga, Hamsik, Gargano, Lavezzi, Cavani

Stronger XI from Villarreal than I expected (given the crapload injuries they have)

Bayern's bench. :lol:

Very strong.

Ribery is underrated on these shores, quality player.

Incredibly frustrating, he should be up there with the Ballon D'Or crowd but he lets himself down. Bit like Zlatan really.

Bayern's bench. :lol:

Very strong.

Ribery is underrated on these shores, quality player.

I wouldn't say he's underrated. There was a time when he was linked to every major club under the Sun over here. Although I get what you're saying - probably like Robben is now as well. They're more under the radar due to playing in the Bundesliga.

The same applies to the likes of Gotze too.

I think the fact that Robben went there and racked up such statistics made people think he wasn't all that. He is though, and his allround game is good along with his stats. Very elegant player.

Massive, injury prone, big headed, diving, bellend though despite all his abilities. Works to his advantageous often though e.g. knocking Brasil out the World Cup.

Just thinking of Bayern's front 5 when everyone is fit.

S'steiger Muller

Robben                  Ribery

Gomez

f***ing hell, that is disgustingly good.

Who is the sixth? Why has he been omitted?

Luiz Gustavo I'd have thought, all being fit. Good player too.

Just thinking of Bayern's front 5 when everyone is fit.

S'steiger Muller

Robben                  Ribery

Gomez

Fucking hell, that is disgustingly good.

They'd never play like that, though.

Müller would be behind Gomez while someone like Gustavo would be next to Schweinsteiger.

166 games

62 goals

82 assists

Ribery at Bayern. Now I know stats don't mean everything, but that is mighty impressive.

He's been injured lots of his time there, he's played against a lot of very shit (Championship standard) opponents where he's done well, he's not done too much since Hitzfeld left as their coach, he's very bad looking, he's not a good character.

And, I don't like him.  :lol:

166 games

62 goals

82 assists

Ribery at Bayern. Now I know stats don't mean everything, but that is mighty impressive.

He's been injured lots of his time there, he's played against a lot of very shit (Championship standard) opponents where he's done well, he's not done too much since Hitzfeld left as their coach, he's very bad looking, he's not a good character.

And, I don't like him.  :lol:

Blah, blah. You hate everything to do with Bayern, man.  :lol: Ribery is boss, he was the best player on the pitch in the reverse fixture against City.

I'd say we should club together and get David a Bayern shirt for Christmas, but he can get it himself the rich bastard.

Even worse, I've got some Bayern shirt from 2001. With Hargreaves on it. Yes, Hargreaves. I suppose there always has been something English in me. :lol: