The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest kingdawson

How can a team that consists of Samba, Dann, Nelson, Hoilett, Formica, Vuckevic, Dunn, Rochina, N'zonzi and Yakubu be so low in the table? i mean even if you look at their other players (Roberts, Olsen, Givet, Robinson, Goodwillie, and pederson) are all decent/good players.

How is that possible?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Since when is that Elvis track a 'Sunderland song'? :lol:

Has been for ages. Elvis found his love for cheesy chips on a visit to Sunderland during his time in the army.

:lol:

Not being a bona fide Geordie I'm less offended by Sunderland than others - my main feeling towards them is one of pity and mirth :lol:

I don't like Blackburn though and I want Samba for Newcastle (preferably at a cut relegation-sale price). Hope Sunderland beat them today.

How can a team that consists of Samba, Dann, Nelson, Hoilett, Formica, Vuckevic, Dunn, Rochina, N'zonzi and Yakubu be so low in the table? i mean even if you look at their other players (Roberts, Olsen, Givet, Robinson, Goodwillie, and pederson) are all decent/good players.

How is that possible?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01807/steve_kean_1807989c.jpg

Madrid needed to have something to defend by an hour or so and they didn't. That excellent pressing was going to catch up with them at some point. had Ronaldo been more clinical in that first period they would've had something to defend by the time their legs started to wane. Whilst I agree they looked deflated and defeated, a large part of that was just tiredness. Hence Khedira coming on for Diarra making sense, gave the team more legs.

Ozil rarely completes games and was ineffective anyway. Perhaps Ronnie should've parted instead of Di Maria. Cronaldo had a shocker. IMO for RM to be beat Barca they need to be the greater physical force for the whole game. And for me they can't do that with both Alonso and Ozil playing against them. Ozil was also the worst at pressing and didn't create anything anyway. I think Khedira would've been better as a starting option.

There was a big debate on RM's side about doing just that, dumping Özil (who's had a rather bad season so far) and starting a Khedira-Xabi-Lass midfield. In my opinion, when Madrid have gone more toe-to-toe against us was in the Supercopa without that overly defensive midfield, so I think it was the good call. They also have a couple of very good offensive subs in Kaká and Higuaín when some of the guys upfront tire. But they deflated quite quickly, which may have been due to tiredness or mentality, I'm still not sure.

I understand the logic but Ozil was ineffective, so clearly him playing wasn't a good call.

Think it was a bit of both. Physically AND mentally they needed something to hold onto at that point.