The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Arsenal still have Diaby coming back as well. They actually have a strong squad when everyone's fit, but they seem to suffer from an inordinate amount of injuries. They could easily line up with Ramsey, Wilshere and Song as the their first choice midfield then have Arteta, Diaby and Coquelin as a very good backup midfield.

I think they'll finish third. Their confidence is back. They look leaky at the back but they look very good going forward now. Gervinho is an excellent player who gives them that edge; he creates a lot of space for van Persie and Ramsey in and around the box.

Diaby might be coming back but it'll be merely months before is out again. Bloke is a walking injury unfortunately.

Arteta has been a great signing for Arsenal. Very intelligent footballer in terms of positioning and reading the game, excellent stop gap for them and helped them turn it around.

Arsenal scouts did a great job finding him.

No but seriously, always been class.

I thought he was on the way down at Everton, but Arsenal are playing him deeper and it's been to the benefit of both him and them.

Every time I see other teams such as these to, their movement and play is so much better than ours. Fulham are a canny team to watch I think, good movement at times and 2 full backs attack at times also. Dembele, Ruiz, Murphy etc all look comfortable in posession. We have maybe 4 players in whole team comfortable with the ball in Colo, Cabaye, Tiote and Ba - ridiculous really.

Arteta has looked great at Arsenal, Everton mate thought he'd dropped off a bit last season. Looks like Arsenal won't be getting Podolski this January, and like us they really need a striker or two as backup. As ever he'll buy 3 up and comings that are years away from coming good, and then won't...

Arsenal still have Diaby coming back as well. They actually have a strong squad when everyone's fit, but they seem to suffer from an inordinate amount of injuries. They could easily line up with Ramsey, Wilshere and Song as the their first choice midfield then have Arteta, Diaby and Coquelin as a very good backup midfield.

I think they'll finish third. Their confidence is back. They look leaky at the back but they look very good going forward now. Gervinho is an excellent player who gives them that edge; he creates a lot of space for van Persie and Ramsey in and around the box.

I can't wait to see how Chamberlain develops as well. I have really high hopes for him, plus him playing with Wilshere can only be good for England long-term.

Every time I see other teams such as these to, their movement and play is so much better than ours. Fulham are a canny team to watch I think, good movement at times and 2 full backs attack at times also. Dembele, Ruiz, Murphy etc all look comfortable in posession. We have maybe 4 players in whole team comfortable with the ball in Colo, Cabaye, Tiote and Ba - ridiculous really.

Jonas, Santon, Guthrie, Ben Arfa?

Is Chamberlain good, or just Walcott again? Wasn't sure from what I've seen.

Wilshere is needed back and fully fit for Euros. Anyone know when he's due back?

Late this month IIRC. Chamberlain is a more all round player than Walcott, plays less further forward too.

Is Chamberlain good, or just Walcott again? Wasn't sure from what I've seen.

Wilshere is needed back and fully fit for Euros. Anyone know when he's due back?

Much, much better footballing brain than Walcott. Can play CM and as #10, could even say that's his best position.

Jonas, Santon, Guthrie, Ben Arfa?

Only Jonas in the "team" - I agree in the squad we have those players but he won't play them. Also Jonas never looks totally comfortable with the ball.

(to Tooj)

Yup. It'll be interesting to see how he fares playing in Gervinho's position. I know Wenger has stated that he'll get a lot more games when Gervinho is off at the ANC.

Koscielny looks very good this year, and Mertesacker has shown clear signs of improving. They've just suffered too many injuries in defence. I mean, having Sagna being out for so long was a blow but then to have his backup - Jenkinson, who I reckon will be an England international in a year or two - get injured for a while was another blow. The story at LB is hilarious. I think Coquelin is the 8th player to play at LB for them this season. Ridiculous.

I think excluding injuries there isn't much between Arsenal and Man Utd on paper.

Wenger just doesn't seem to have that knack like Ferguson has had over the years to get his teams to pick up results when not at their best.

Song is considerably better than Scott Parker as a holding midfielder, yet he's not subject to all of the player of the month/man of the match/football writer's player of the year/sky sports wankfest awards.

I don't know if he's "considerable better," he's better at breaking up play, but Parker finds space/passes much better.

Song can pick a pass pretty well still, the pass for RVP's volley a few weeks ago was one of the best assists I've seen in ages.

Guest bimpy474

Walcott is embarrassing, how can you pass that badly under Wenger? Surely that's drilled over and over...

Always amazes me that one of the main things a winger has to do is cross it, yet time and time again they hit the first man.