The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Song is considerably better than Scott Parker as a holding midfielder, yet he's not subject to all of the player of the month/man of the match/football writer's player of the year/sky sports wankfest awards.

Song is considerably better than Scott Parker as a holding midfielder, yet he's not subject to all of the player of the month/man of the match/football writer's player of the year/sky sports wankfest awards.

I don't know if he's "considerable better," he's better at breaking up play, but Parker finds space/passes much better.

He has, he's simply to inconsistent.

That's my point. He had some nice performances last season, mixed in with a bunch of games where he seemed to disappear. It's been the same this season, minus the good performances.

Arsenal still have Diaby coming back as well. They actually have a strong squad when everyone's fit, but they seem to suffer from an inordinate amount of injuries. They could easily line up with Ramsey, Wilshere and Song as the their first choice midfield then have Arteta, Diaby and Coquelin as a very good backup midfield.

I think they'll finish third. Their confidence is back. They look leaky at the back but they look very good going forward now. Gervinho is an excellent player who gives them that edge; he creates a lot of space for van Persie and Ramsey in and around the box.

Arteta has been a great signing for Arsenal. Very intelligent footballer in terms of positioning and reading the game, excellent stop gap for them and helped them turn it around.

Arsenal scouts did a great job finding him.

No but seriously, always been class.

He's not as disciplined though, as he doesn't really hold all of the time.

I really like the look of Frimpong in that role.