Pardew on Total Sport tonight

Big Geordie

Fair play to Pardew. At least we know where we stand. Two signings max. Any more will be a bonus. Just have to hope that there are no major outgoings.

Sounds like he wants to play proper football too. Im looking forward to it.

Interesting that he referred back to the game against Blackburn. We played them off the park but couldn't finish them off. That would have been the case had we not adressed the problem in this window I would have been concerned.

Good answer on Nolan, shit answer on the money. It's a no-brainer, we should be spending more than we will, certain of it now.

Could Taylor be the back up plan already in place if Jose goes? Didn't seem to mention anything about other transfers apart from the two attacking ones so is the Taylor deal completely off the agenda now?

Guest Thump 1892

Am I the only person who think that when pressed on the cash he sounded a bit nervous?  I know it's a bit of a touchy subject but it seems like he was a bit peeved that he hadn't spent more money or that he couldn't give a proper answer outside of the usual rhetoric.

Could Taylor be the back up plan already in place if Jose goes? Didn't seem to mention anything about other transfers apart from the two attacking ones so is the Taylor deal completely off the agenda now?

To be fair we've already bid for Taylor, so it doesn't quite match for him to be the back up plan should Jose go.

Guest Thump 1892

Naylor is out of our hands.  Nothing we can do until his lawyers/PFA decide to push it.

Am I the only person who think that when pressed on the cash he sounded a bit nervous?  I know it's a bit of a touchy subject but it seems like he was a bit peeved that he hadn't spent more money or that he couldn't give a proper answer outside of the usual rhetoric.

Not at all. I think he was pretty cleart about it. A lot of the pot has already went into the three deals. Training ground improved and wants two more players.

Don't think so, I think we'll go for M'Bengue as soon as Enrique goes, hopefully to Arsenal.

Guest WashyGeordie

Taylor might be of meaning when Pardew mentioned that 'development players don't come as cheap as people think' or whatever he said, as originally Taylor was believed to cost £1mil, but now it could be anywhere between that and £10million.

I would imagine the back up plan for Enrique going is that M'Bengue. We've allegedly already tested the water with bids and now pulled back, probably hoping to lure the player himself.

Guest Thump 1892

Not at all. I think he was pretty cleart about it. A lot of the pot has already went into the three deals. Training ground improved and wants two more players.

Aye, you're probably right.  Just reading too much into it.

Guest johnson293

Cheerful chap is Bob.

Should have seen him on his wedding night.  He inflated Sheila and then had a Greggs and went to kip.

Bob has his nokia 3310 in one hand, noose in the other.

Just got in and checking back through this thread, and these two post just made me..  :spit:

:crazy2:

if we're only signing two more players we better not lose anyone else like, and we'd best bring in some players with proven quality and good fitness records. spending the 35m on training facilities for fucks sake, where does ALL the other club revenue go like? are the fucking under-pants gnomes stealing it? wankers.

Missed the last half an hour as I was having dinner downstairs, just caught up with what Pardew said about the £35 million - new training facilities zomg!!11!1

Meh. Pardew is quite articulate which means he handles these questions well without actually giving a fundamental answer. The only time he ever really gave a clear cut answer was on the Nolan situation (which was good, because that caller was knacker) and when he said that there probably wont be all 3 keepers here come the start of the season.

Just got to hope when he says hopefully 2 more offensive players they're of adequate quality.

Meh. Pardew is quite articulate which means he handles these questions well without actually giving a fundamental answer. The only time he ever really gave a clear cut answer was on the Nolan situation (which was good, because that caller was knacker) and when he said that they probably wont be all 3 keepers here come the start of the season.

Just got to hope when he says hopefully 2 more offensive players they're of adequate quality.

To be fair, it seems as they do a canny bit of work on the players before going for them. Im confident that the two coming in will be quailty. Added to the three already in, Ben Arfa and Gosling and some young un's coming through, i think for a transitional period, we would be looking pretty healthy.

Guest Mantis

so are we likely to be keeping Routledge, Ranger, Best and Smith? I thought they wanted them out.  Two new signings. Wow.

Meh. Pardew is quite articulate which makes means he handles these questions well without actually giving a fundamental answer. The only time he ever really gave a clear cut answer was on the Nolan situation (which was good, because that caller was knacker) and when he said that they probably wont be all 3 keepers here come the start of the season.

Most of us would have little problem picking a front 6 from our current players, two more of quality in and it becomes an interesting headache with considerable strength on the bench.

So I can't see two quality attackers coming in, maybe one good, one development?

And fingers crossed any departures get adequately replaced, that is possibly more important.

Meh. Pardew is quite articulate which makes means he handles these questions well without actually giving a fundamental answer. The only time he ever really gave a clear cut answer was on the Nolan situation (which was good, because that caller was knacker) and when he said that they probably wont be all 3 keepers here come the start of the season.

Most of us would have little problem picking a front 6 from our current players, two more of quality in and it becomes an interesting headache with considerable strength on the bench.

So I can't see two quality attackers coming in, maybe one good, one development?

And fingers crossed any departures get adequately replaced, that is possibly more important.

I think we're reasonably strong in mindfield and utterly gash upfront. There is defininite room and need for quality players there.