Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Going to indulge myself in some baseless conjecture here...

If Supermac is right about a French-Argentinian split in the camp, then you could possibly imagine that Jonas and Colo will both be (a) feeling outnumbered (b) feeling demotivated and © thinking of jacking it in. From a simple conflict resolution perspective, you could also imagine that Pardew is thinking the best way of resolving that split in the camp might well be to encourage Colo to leave (Jonas wouldn't be too far behind). By making it look like Colo is the one hankering for a move home, Pardew evades criticism from the fans. Then he replaces Colo with a French centre half (or two, who knows). Problem sorted.

As I said, all baseless conjecture, but good to get it off my chest.

Going to indulge myself in some baseless conjecture here...

If Supermac is right about a French-Argentinian split in the camp, then you could possibly imagine that Jonas and Colo will both be (a) feeling outnumbered (b) feeling demotivated and © thinking of jacking it in. From a simple conflict resolution perspective, you could also imagine that Pardew is thinking the best way of resolving that split in the camp might well be to encourage Colo to leave (Jonas wouldn't be too far behind). By making it look like Colo is the one hankering for a move home, Pardew evades criticism from the fans. Then he replaces Colo with a French centre half (or two, who knows). Problem sorted.

As I said, all baseless conjecture, but good to get it off my chest.

I've heard he wants to reclaim the Malvinas singlehandedly.

I thought it was just the burden of Pardew saying that he was as good as Bobby Moore that had affected his form, cos he's been crap since then.

He has looked like a player who's not 100% at it for several games now, so it's easy to believe there's something going on that we're not yet aware of.

I don't think Colo has been "crap" recently. Granted he's not been as good as he was last season but he's still put in respectable shifts given the circumstances.

I guess it's all subjective really, I mean, if Williamson, or even Taylor were putting in the level of performance Colo is turning in at the moment, I think most would be very happy with them.

He's made mistake after mistake in recent weeks, very poor.

If Williamson got beat in the air by Hugo bloody rodallega he'd get lambasted. Or turned inside out by Jelavic. Or plays Nasri on side.. Defensively, he's been as bad as anyone in the back line. Except Davide.

Nasri  - full backs are supposed to follow the centre half not stand 5 yards behind the line - Santon didn't move

Jelavic - dragged out to right back as there was no right back there

If you're being serious that is!

If Williamson got beat in the air by Hugo bloody rodallega he'd get lambasted. Or turned inside out by Jelavic. Or plays Nasri on side.. Defensively, he's been as bad as anyone in the back line. Except Davide.

Except Davide?? Now, I rate Santon, and overall he's had a decent season (not as good as some would say), but he's been as bad as, if not worse than Simpson lately. He's been poor.

Yeah I don't dispute that, but I just don't think Santon is exempt from criticism if we're picking bones out of the back four, as IMO, the past few games he's probably been the worst. I also worry that his runs are getting sussed out a bit now as he's rarely getting anywhere at the moment, and actually putting us in the shit because he's trying them in silly places. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with confidence, as a lot have already said, he's only young and when seniors around you are underperforming, it's going to affect you.

Yeah I don't dispute that, but I just don't think Santon is exempt from criticism if we're picking bones out of the back four, as IMO, the past few games he's probably been the worst. I also worry that his runs are getting sussed out a bit now as he's rarely getting anywhere at the moment, and actually putting us in the shit because he's trying them in silly places. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with confidence, as a lot have already said, he's only young and when seniors around you are underperforming, it's going to affect you.

And he doesn't track back after losing it upfield.

I think Colo's form has improved in the last couple of games. It's the protection from Tiote and cover from Williamson we should be worrying about.

Agree, especially Tiote who quite frankly doesn't even protect his CB's properly anymore.

If the plan is to play Cabaye as a #10 with Hatem and Remy either side of him then i'd look at getting a better partner for Anita.

But that's another topic for another time.

Except Davide?? Now, I rate Santon, and overall he's had a decent season (not as good as some would say), but he's been as bad as, if not worse than Simpson lately. He's been poor.

Sorry, I meant that Santon has been the worst out of everyone. Followed by Colo.

Nasri  - full backs are supposed to follow the centre half not stand 5 yards behind the line - Santon didn't move

Jelavic - dragged out to right back as there was no right back there

If you're being serious that is!

So he's dragged out to right back that means he couldn't do anything? He had to stop Jelavic getting in the box and he failed. Yeah Perch was AWOL but you're best CB shouldn't be getting fleeced like that.

I think Colo's form has improved in the last couple of games. It's the protection from Tiote and cover from Williamson we should be worrying about.

Agree, especially Tiote who quite frankly doesn't even protect his CB's properly anymore.

If the plan is to play Cabaye as a #10 with Hatem and Remy either side of him then i'd look at getting a better partner for Anita.

But that's another topic for another time.

He did a decent job at Everton tbf to Tiote.