Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

A statement needs to be made, it's not good anyone for speculation to carry on like it is.

If this is true then the people at the top of NUFC are a bunch of fucking knobheads for letting rumours spread like wildfire all day like they have.  Even a holding statement saying that personal problems were causing difficulties but they're not of the nature that has been rumoured would have been fine.

I'll wait until I know the actual craic before I make that decision in my mind.  I trust Caulkin though.

A statement needs to be made, it's not good anyone for speculation to carry on like it is.

If this is true then the people at the top of NUFC are a bunch of fucking knobheads for letting rumours spread like wildfire all day like they have.  Even a holding statement saying that personal problems were causing difficulties but they're not of the nature that has been rumoured would have been fine.

I'll wait until I know the actual craic before I make that decision in my mind.  I trust Caulkin though.

They're all saying the same thing in tomorrow's papers so I assume they've now been briefed on this.

Tend to agree that NUFC could and should have put out a statement this morning though. It was a massive story in a proper newspaper, not internet rumours or tabloid wank.

They didn't have to say exactly what it was (though they're clearly happy to do so a day later) but anything would have been better than nothing. Stupid.

This must be pretty bad if he wants to rescind everything (and wasn't it his dad who persuaded him to sign a new contract after visiting SJP anyway?)

BUT....If all the speculation is true, thenSan Lorenzo have acted the c*nt in exploiting the situation.... So can't we just loan him back to Argentina on the off-chance she pulls an al-Megrahi and defies medical science? Then we go straight back to square one, Colo comes back, no harm done.

Tend to agree that NUFC could and should have put out a statement this morning though. It was a massive story in a proper newspaper, not internet rumours or tabloid w***.

They didn't have to say exactly what it was (though they're clearly happy to do so a day later) but anything would have been better than nothing. Stupid.

Like someone said though, maybe Coloccini didn't want anything made public. With the rumours today that might have had to have changed.

Pretty shit that even for something like this people find a reason to slag off the club. Pathetic.

Tend to agree that NUFC could and should have put out a statement this morning though. It was a massive story in a proper newspaper, not internet rumours or tabloid wank.

Can only think that they've been asking Coloccini all day whether they can get a message out in one way or another and he's said no until now, otherwise they're idiots.

Tend to agree that NUFC could and should have put out a statement this morning though. It was a massive story in a proper newspaper, not internet rumours or tabloid w***.

Like someone said though, maybe Coloccini didn't want anything made public. With the rumours today that might have had to have changed.

Pretty s*** that even for something like this people find a reason to slag off the club. Pathetic.

It's incredibly clear the journos have been fed a line to make it public so he can't be that set against it.

Guest firetotheworks

Maybe Colo hadn't heard the sinister rumours and the club were protecting him from it by not drawing attention to it?

Pretty shit that even for something like this people find a reason to slag off the club. Pathetic.

I could casually mention on here that I have had a shit day at work, and it would be blamed on Pardiola

Read both of my posts and get off your high horse.

Pretty s*** that even for something like this people find a reason to slag off the club. Pathetic.

It's incredibly clear the journos have been fed a line to make it public so he can't be that set against it.

bit of a difference in an unofficial briefing to give the heads up and a full on club statement

Guest neesy111

Maybe Colo hadn't heard the sinister rumours and the club were protecting him from it by not drawing attention to it?

Not releasing a statement always make rumours get stronger not weaker though???