Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

good call pata, maybe if all goes well he could come back and help us get promoted

Okay, let's just give him to San Lorenzo.

Its like the falklands, they think its their right to have him. Cant give a player away for free no matter the circumstance, he could always take unpaid if he really needs to go home. Hope he doesn't though, dont fancy prospect of rest of season without him

Assuming that there is some grave health concern, i think that the club should go out and tell Alex Ferguson, Roberto Mancini , Rafael Benitez, Wenger, Villas Boas, AC Milan, Barcelona what it is. I am sure if Colo does need to go back to Argentina for the season one of these will help us.

I'd rather give him the rest of the season off with a view to him coming back than lose him completely like, that would involve buying another player though.

Which wouldn't be so bad obviously. The problem is there is no way we would get two, so if/when Taylor is injured again it's back to square one except this time with a defender trying to find his feed in the team/league in place of Colo. Very worrying indeed.

there are two realsitic  options (if this isn't all just a re-hash of other stories cobbled together though it does seem more substantial)....

loan till the summer to san lorenzo during which time he only picks up what they can afford to pay, after which it'll be reviewed.

he's told the club will do anything within reason to help him and his family but we won't let him swan off to another club without fair recompense (not even necessarily full market value). i very much doubt he'd ever have to work again to live a good life so if he is that desperate to go back then retire from the professional game.

I'd rather give him the rest of the season off with a view to him coming back than lose him completely like, that would involve buying another player though.

If we were to loan Lescott, for example, until May, I wouldn't be too against that. Still need another centre-back on top of that though.

Really hope it's nothing too serious with Colo's wife like.

Deserves a lot of support today... maybe changing the words of his song to "Best wishes to your wife" might be nice.

Followed by a resounding chorus of East 17 Stay Now!

Today?

Very sad news this :(

Need to tell him to play today and next week while we try and get another CB in, then let him go out on loan for the rest of the season to see what happens. Club and/or Colo really should make some sort of statement confirming this if it's true.

If we were to loan Lescott, for example, until May, I wouldn't be too against that. Still need another centre-back on top of that though.

too much sense in a loan for MA & DL though...i'd take dawson to the end of the season too, as i've said

Deserves a lot of support today... maybe changing the words of his song to "Best wishes to your wife" might be nice.

THIS WOULD SOUND IMMENSE

Colo if you've got to go away

I don't think

We can take the pain

Won't you stay another day...

And with that we're branded the Gayest football fans in the world :lol:

Lescott makes perfect sense to try and get on a loan, we really need to try and make that happen.

THIS WOULD SOUND IMMENSE

I don't think

We can take the pain

to be fair after the cabaye and debuchy threads we already took that title from FC Homo  of the Bumdesliga.

THIS WOULD SOUND IMMENSE

I don't think

We can take the pain

It'd be less gay if our entire away support formed a massive human chain of men bumming each other ffs. :lol:

It´s a really complex question.

From the clubs point of view we just can´t let him go. For me it would mean relegation because even if we needed one in the last four windows not one CB has come in, without Colo we would need at least two of really good quality.

From Colo´s, and a human (if she is as seriously ill as it sounds) of course he should go.

The complex situation in this is that he is under contract and I don´t think you just can give him away or pay him wages. If he just can´t stand being here either a club has to buy him for a market value, we freeze his contract and he can´t play for someone else or someone loans him.

My main point in this is though. We can´t be without him and he has a contract. Maybe the best is to keep him and then maybe let him go home for visits at times we can.