Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I bet the original Independent story came from Southgate, the s*** at penalties bent nosed smoggy c***.

:lol:

Well, hope she get's well if that is the case and really can't hold it against him if he does leave for that reason.

Playing fifa, always keep him in my team but it's making me think of the whole situation, bit depressing tbh. Fuckin football eh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9796970/Newcastle-to-retain-Fabricio-Coloccini-as-captain-as-Alan-Pardew-seeks-to-help-player-battle-homesickness.html

That could lead to a loan attempt, although given Coloccini earns £60,000 a week, it is unlikely to appeal to Newcastle, who would almost certainly have to continue paying a large percentage of it and find a replacement.

Aye, right. We'd let our captain play for someone else and continue to pay a portion of his wages.

If he's facing a serious personal crisis, we have to face the fact that he won't perform particularly well on the football field anyway. Some characters can block these things out of their minds for periods, but others find it very difficult. I suspect Colo is in the latter group.

As for the idea of the club or whoever putting out a statement, that's not feasible. The details aren't any of our business, and a vague statement would do more harm than good.

If he's facing a serious personal crisis, we have to face the fact that he won't perform particularly well on the football field anyway. Some characters can block these things out of their minds for periods, but others find it very difficult. I suspect Colo is in the latter group.

As for the idea of the club or whoever putting out a statement, that's not feasible. The details aren't any of our business, and a vague statement would do more harm than good.

The details may not be but the implications are, let's not forget, Colo is a multi-million pound investment for this club, his future, our future (certainly in the immediate term) and very much interlinked.

Thought the first round of shitey rumours doing the rounds seemed totally out of character. Not going to say much until we know more but if this is all true then we can only wish him and his family well, some things are a hell of a lot more important than the footy.

Pete Graves @PeteGravesSky:

The only plus point of this whole Coloccini saga... is that for the entire day, I didn't think once about Loic Remy #nufc

He's right like :lol:

Thinnest silver lining ever. :lol:

The details may not be but the implications are, let's not forget, Colo is a multi-million pound investment for this club, his future, our future (certainly in the immediate term) and very much interlinked.

That's true, but my point is similar to colinmk's above. He's a human being, and we have to do right by him as a human being.

For me, there's a practical dimension to it, as well as a moral one. Pleading and pressuring him to stay gives the message all round that we're weak and scared and can't do without him. If we let him go and face up to the uncertain future quickly, that feels like a braver and more positive move. That's apart from the assessment of whether he as an individual is going to be able to play at his best.

If we let him go and face up to the uncertain future quickly, that feels like a braver and more positive move.

Nowt uncertain or positive about it, like. We'll not replace him or replace him with rubbish and go down. Yay us.

If it is something as serious as this then there's nothing any one can do. As mad and passionate about football as I, like everyone on here is, it does highlight that some things are more important.

My best wishes to Mrs Coloccini, and for a speedy recovery. And as Tooj said, lets hope/expect that our travelling support will give him a great reception tomorrow.

I cant imagine I'll see a better defender than him in my time watching NUFC. Such a natural.

It's a dangerous game but I wonder if Pardew might offer Colo leave to South America in-between games if there's ever a gap long enough, and when we're mathematically safe from danger he might be allowed to go as soon as that happens?

That's true, but my point is similar to colinmk's above. He's a human being, and we have to do right by him as a human being.

For me, there's a practical dimension to it, as well as a moral one. Pleading and pressuring him to stay gives the message all round that we're weak and scared and can't do without him. If we let him go and face up to the uncertain future quickly, that feels like a braver and more positive move. That's apart from the assessment of whether he as an individual is going to be able to play at his best.

That's fair. Just hope we can strike an agreeable outcome for all parties on it if the situation is as serious as is being suggested. Still not entirely satisfied with the lack of clarity as the San Lorenzo statements don't seem to "fit" with all of this.

Agreed also that forcing someone to play wouldn't be the "right" thing to do.

I know it pails into insignificance but the timing is absolutely chronic.

:sad:

Guest Brendan_Rice

I hope his wife makes a full and speedy recovery and our board backs the manager and gives him the funds we need to stop leaking goals.

Pete Graves @PeteGravesSky:

The only plus point of this whole Coloccini saga... is that for the entire day, I didn't think once about Loic Remy #nufc

He's right like :lol:

Thinnest silver lining ever. :lol:

Sliver lining

Witty bastard. :lol:

Horrible news if his wife is ill :( Perhaps there can be a compromise where he stays here for a few games, before letting him go home for the rest of the season. Maybe loan another centre back to temporarily fill the gap.

Hope he gets a fantastic reception from our lot tomorrow.