Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Spotted him hacking at his own ligaments with an axe in the second half, c***.

Don't forget this time last season he was breaking his own back.

He hurt his back end of Feb.

MYM - Williamson - Taylor - Santon is a decent back 4. No excuse whatsoever not to start HBA in front of MYM.

Santon - Williamson - MYM - Haidara tbf, and you know it.

Spotted him hacking at his own ligaments with an axe in the second half, c***.

Don't forget this time last season he was breaking his own back.

He hurt his back end of Feb.

MYM - Williamson - Taylor - Santon is a decent back 4. No excuse whatsoever not to start HBA in front of MYM.

Santon - Williamson - MYM - Haidara tbf, and you know it.

I'd go

MYM Taylor willo Haidara, 3 of those need the game to prove themselves and willo needs to prove he can cope without colo.

Santon needs a rest and to hopefully see a cracking performance from his rival.

I'd also have Cisse, hba, Marv and Bigi playing. They all need starts.

Yanga and Williamson were forming a decent partnership before Coloccini was put back in the team, I would stick with those two as our CB pairing and put Santon on the right (don't rate him but hes the only option IMO) and finally give Haidara his chance on the left.

Exactly. Mbiwa in the centre is especially crucial, as I don't think a Williamson - Saylor combination would work at all due to lack of pace, skill on the ball and intelligence.

Taylor needs a game at cb, with colo out for several games we are a ban or one injury away from having to play him and he hasn't had any game time for months.

MYM & willo after Debuchy is back.

Taylor needs a game at cb, with colo out for several games we are a ban or one injury away from having to play him and he hasn't had any game time for months.

What? Are you suggesting we need to play Taylor so he gets some games under his belt just in case we need him in case of ban/injury to another player? :lol:

give willo a game off vs cardiff and go with mym and taylor

What? Are you suggesting we need to play Taylor so he gets some games under his belt just in case we need him in case of ban/injury to another player? :lol:

Williamson barely played for half a year up to the Everton game and it did him no harm. You play your best two, Mbiwa is next in line imo. If anything happens to Williamson or Mbiwa, you pick Taylor.

Taylor's better than both, though. He's just a total crock.

Taylor's not better than Mbiwa, nor is he more important to our future. He's theoretically better than Williamson, but the latter is in the form of his life, so there's no way I would drop him for Taylor at the moment. Taylor first choice sub for the next couple of weeks. If he's lucky he will get a chance and he'd better well take it if he wants to fight his way back into the starting eleven.

Taylor's never performed consistently to the level that Williamson has over the last 3 months (and whilst fitness has played a part, Taylor's certainly played for much longer periods). Make your own mind up about what that says about either of them, personally Taylor is very much 4th pick at the moment.

nor is he more important to our future

Come on. :lol:

What? Mbiwa should be our first choice centre back for years to come. It's very debatable currently if there's even a future here for Taylor at the moment. Certainly if he wants first team football, which he's not reliable enough for mainly due to being injury prone, but also due to not being of the required quality for where we (should) want to be...

You have more faith in Taylor to slot right back in without any competitive games than I do. When he gets up to speed he's a decent CB, when he's cold, coming in and out he's not so good. We've already had it this season where we were without 3 CB's (Mackems again) last season similar, in fact its pretty hard to go back and think to a season we haven't been hit twice like that, even today Colo out and Debuchy banned. Always seems to get us like that, i wouldn't put it past our luck for Willo or MYM to be unavailable before Colo returns, then Taylor's thrust right in to an unsettled back four which he hasn't played in for basically half a season.

But aye, laugh at the notion.  :rolleyes:

You have more faith in Taylor to slot right back in without any competitive games than I do. When he gets up to speed he's a decent CB, when he's cold, coming in and out he's not so good. We've already had it this season where we were without 3 CB's (Mackems again) last season similar, in fact its pretty hard to go back and think to a season we haven't been hit twice like that, even today Colo out and Debuchy banned. Always seems to get us like that, i wouldn't put it past our luck for Willo or MYM to be unavailable before Colo returns, then Taylor's thrust right in to an unsettled back four which he hasn't played in for basically half a season.

But aye, laugh at the notion.  :rolleyes:

So rather than take that, what, 20% chance of needing to rely on Saylor if Mbiwa or Williamson get injured/banned, you would want us to throw Steven Taylor in cold 100% by our own choice, stating yourself he hasn't had any competitive games and it will most likely be a disaster..?

And that's before getting into the dynamics of a Williamson - Saylor partnership, which would be immobile as fuck.

If you don't see the FA cup game as the one game we've got coming up to play some of our squad which will be needed to see the season out then fine, there's nowt to discuss here. I do however.