Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Nice to see some actual defending today.

I thought willo was excellent, debouchy never gave up and dummett was promising, if shakey at times. I'm just glad taylor wasn't involved, otherwise we would've conceded

“He wasn’t fit and I shouldn’t have played him but I played him because of his presence and calmness.

“Probably if you took him and Loic (Remy) away from the team today we wouldn’t have had anybody  who was calm on the ball.

“It is that calmness that can spread throughout the team.

“He will be fitter and more influential next week.”

Unless he's injured.

“He wasn’t fit and I shouldn’t have played him but I played him because of his presence and calmness.

“Probably if you took him and Loic (Remy) away from the team today we wouldn’t have had anybody  who was calm on the ball.

“It is that calmness that can spread throughout the team.

“He will be fitter and more influential next week.”

Unless he's injured.

Way to inspire the rest of the team, we have just lost Cabaye, Anita is one of the most composed players we have but spit in his face why don't you Pards :lol:

Sounds ridiculous because of how shit Villa were and how unremarkable the game was but I thought it was one of Coloccini's best ever performances for us. He kept getting left alone against two rapid players (whilst Dummett was off taking right wing corners) and it was laughable how easily he kept pinching the ball off them over and over again. Villa looked a real threat on the break until Coloccini got involved and made Premier League defending look pathetically easy.

Sounds ridiculous because of how shit Villa were and how unremarkable the game was but I thought it was one of Coloccini's best ever performances for us. He kept getting left alone against two rapid players (whilst Dummett was off taking right wing corners) and it was laughable how easily he kept pinching the ball off them over and over again. Villa looked a real threat on the break until Coloccini got involved and made Premier League defending look pathetically easy.

It's an absolute crime that his time's been wasted playing for a club that breaks out the champagne if they avoid relegation. He deserved to be in one of the Robson/Keegan era teams. What a waste of one of the best centre backs I've seen playing for us.

Colo wasn't s*** in his first season imo anyway. He had a shaky second half of the season when we were pretty much mentally down already, the same with Enrique who allowed himself to get caught on the ball in dangerous areas too often, the low points stick in the memory.

He was like. If there was any player in that season to come out with any credit, it wasn't Colo.

Nothing we didn't already know, no need to go overboard on it. We pretty much knew we had him for another season and I'm thankful just for that.

Don't care. Strip captaincy.

:lol:

At the end of the day our captain shouldn't be someone who consistently talks about leaving the club.

Give it to someone who wouldn't dream of leaving...

like Cabaye.

Just came across this, tickled me  :lol: