Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest firetotheworks

I wish Colo would show that aggression on the pitch in the way that a captain should, but him standing up to the team and Pardew in the dressing room is nothing to be sniffed at.

• 3 weeks later...
“I had personal problems,” said Coloccini. “Sometimes it’s tough. You have to decide between the problems and the work.

“Sometimes it’s too difficult. Now it’s finished, and next season I will be here. I’m looking forward to improving.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/exclusive-fabricio-coloccini-says-he-will-be-back-at-newcastle-next-season-1-6598681

“I had personal problems,” said Coloccini. “Sometimes it’s tough. You have to decide between the problems and the work.

“Sometimes it’s too difficult. Now it’s finished, and next season I will be here. I’m looking forward to improving.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/exclusive-fabricio-coloccini-says-he-will-be-back-at-newcastle-next-season-1-6598681

I hope he can find some consistency. Ideally we should get rid of Saylor and get Caulker. First choice partnership of Mbiwa and Caulker. Too much for Pardiola though.

Every player has been shite lately, but Colo is a huge player for us when his head is right. If we invest and get things a bit more sturdy, then hopefully he'll get back to his best if he's staying.

It's just a shame ney fucker knows what the summer holds for us..

“It maybe looks like it has been a bad one because we have not done well over the last six games but before that there have been lots of good moments like winning against Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham.”

Fucking hell he's been Pardewed in the head.

“It maybe looks like it has been a bad one because we have not done well over the last six games but before that there have been lots of good moments like winning against Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham.”

f***ing hell he's been Pardewed in the head.

I understand that coming from the players though. If the managers not prepared to take stock and say 'well this has been shite for ages' the players aren't going to take his place and take the flack for him.

I was ready for him to leave and build a new defence around Mapou really. But I suppose it means one less essential signing needed.

More chance of Yanga-Mbiwa leaving I reckon. His career has massively stalled and I can't see it getting much better without a new manager coming in.