Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I blame Pardew for this red, we were being ran ragged due to his awful negative tactis and game plan.

Becoming a parody now. He lost his cool, Suarez was running him ragged. Nowt to do with Pardew man.

Of course it has something to do with him. Colo lashed out due to sheer frustration because we were being ran ragged by one f***ing man, one f***ing man, all because of our cowardly tactics and game plan which is down to the coward of a manager we have.

Didn't you shake his hand in the summer? Should've said that to his face.

Ridiculous isn't it, given that 'coward of a manager' just got a point at a ground we traditionally get hammered at.

A point against the worst Liverpool side for 20+ years that didn't look like getting back into it until we let them attack for 45 mins. That's cowardly and the same happened against WBA last week. Luck is the only reason we got anything out of them last week.

Were you born when Souness was manager of Liverpool? We were pragmatic and got a point at Anfield, mate. Too much of this dreadful negativity.

I'm negative because all season i've watched negative football. How can anyone be optimistic at the moment? Our best players are being shackled and if we score first we just defend for the rest of the game and inevitably concede and end up with a draw or loss. We're shit at the moment and seems it's a rut we're going to be stuck in for a while.

Coloccini red 'laughable' - Owen

"Not having that at all. [Coloccini] didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Michael Owen on Twitter

F*ck off Owen you patronising c*nt.

I'm negative because all season i've watched negative football. How can anyone be optimistic at the moment? Our best players are being shackled and if we score first we just defend for the rest of the game and inevitably concede and end up with a draw or loss. We're s*** at the moment and seems it's a rut we're going to be stuck in for a while.

I'm optimistic because we went throught patches of poor football last season, too. We've got a good side and a good manager and we'll eventually click. We're 2 points off 6th having played well below our best.

Law 12: lunge + excessive force + endangering player's safety = red card. contact NOT mentioned

another example using arm instead of leg.

if a player goes and punch another player and misses,  still red card.

not complicated.

Agreed, it is a textbook definition of excessive force, contact and intent are irrelevant. Similar to Tiote's red card against Stevenage a few years back.

Dunno what Pards has said post-match but him and JC didn't look happy when they spoke to the ref at FT and I hope we appeal it. It was a foul, nothing more and never a red card in a million years.

Sick to death of getting shit decisions like this, they're stopping our best players all featuring together and costing us points and that.

All very well having a 'Respect' campaign, but I couldn't respect any of the PL refs one iota seeing as they give such shit decisions. I really do hate how referees are exempt from criticism because they do a hard job; any other hard job you'd be sacked for doing such a constantly crap job.

Dunno what Pards has said post-match but him and JC didn't look happy when they spoke to the ref at FT and I hope we appeal it. It was a foul, nothing more and never a red card in a million years.

Sick to death of getting shit decisions like this, they're stopping our best players all featuring together and costing us points and that.

All very well having a 'Respect' campaign, but I couldn't respect any of the PL refs one iota seeing as they give such shit decisions. I really do hate how referees are exempt from criticism because they do a hard job; any other hard job you'd be sacked for doing such a constantly crap job.

I've not heard it but apparently he's said it was a red which I completely disagree with. I don't think Pardew does enough moaning about refs personally. Ferguson doesn't do it for the good of his health - he does it to plant a seed in the mind of referees. If they know they can give us shit decisions without the manager complaining, they're much more likely to do it.

Stoke's former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Michael Owen on Twitter:

"Not having Coloccini's red card at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/31/article-2225636-15C5F96D000005DC-234_306x423.jpg

:spit: It was the first thing I thought of when I saw his tweet.

Sick to death of getting s*** decisions like this, they're stopping our best players all featuring together and costing us points and that.

All very well having a 'Respect' campaign, but I couldn't respect any of the PL refs one iota seeing as they give such s*** decisions. I really do hate how referees are exempt from criticism because they do a hard job; any other hard job you'd be sacked for doing such a constantly crap job.

I've not heard it but apparently he's said it was a red which I completely disagree with. I don't think Pardew does enough moaning about refs personally. Ferguson doesn't do it for the good of his health - he does it to plant a seed in the mind of referees. If they know they can give us s*** decisions without the manager complaining, they're much more likely to do it.

While I don't think it's a red I think there's no chance we'd win appeal. So maybe Pardew's keeping it in when he thinks it's pointless so he has more of an impact when we can appeal? :pardsgrin:

It was a definite red card for me. It was disappointing to see him lunge in like that, sure there was hardly any contact and there was no intent but you can't be doing things like that, it forces the referee's hand more often than not.

It was a definite red card for me. It was disappointing to see him lunge in like that, sure there was hardly any contact and there was no intent but you can't be doing things like that, it forces the referee's hand more often than not.

had he made contact it would have been a good consolation, because of the red card, but because he missed, we lose him for 3 games and Suarez gets away unscathed.

las twenty minutes of game, mentally and physically tired, typical overzealous tackle gone wrong... Another ref might have given a yellow but we can't complain about the red, his studs were up and he was above ankle when he went in...

Worried about missing him for three games though.

I haven't seen many players get red carded when they don't even make contact with the player. It just looked like momentum to me, if anything he tried to bring his foot down to avoid injuring the player.

I haven't seen many players get red carded when they don't even make contact with the player. It just looked like momentum to me, if anything he tried to bring his foot down to avoid injuring the player.

I thought it looked pretty intentional, at least on a grainly stream. He was miles late though...

Cristiano Ronaldo for Man U v Man City- there's a clip of it on YouTube. Tiote for us vs Stevenage two years back as well.

You might as well be talking about Sterling's challenge on Cisse. People are asking for consistency.

Cristiano Ronaldo for Man U v Man City- there's a clip of it on YouTube. Tiote for us vs Stevenage two years back as well.

Tiote's looked a lot more intentional to me, and that's key for me.

There was no need for him to even dangle his foot in the air. It is that lift of the foot that has got him sent off.

That being said, he did eventually pull out and made minimal contact but Suarez will always make a meal . Bob Geldof should take him to Africa.

"Not having Coloccini's red card at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/31/article-2225636-15C5F96D000005DC-234_306x423.jpg

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm being shan, but that looks more like Ste than Michael Owen.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm being shan, but that looks more like Ste than Michael Owen.

I thought it was Scott Parker :lol:

Hardly any contact and no intent equals definite red card?  Football has gone from a contact sport, to a none contact sport, to a don't even intend to contact sport and now a don't put yourself in a position to make any contact even if you don't intend to sport.

Hardly any contact and no intent equals definite red card? :o

a studs up dangerous challenge does

I thought it was Scott Parker :lol:

i thought jimmy carr at first glance :lol:

Hardly any contact and no intent equals definite red card? :o

a studs up dangerous challenge does

But that basically means intent is now completely unimportant.  An accident is a definite red if it could possibly hurt someone?  I haven't watched the incident enough to decide if I believe there was intent by the way, I'm just referring to the post above which said he believed there was no intent but still a definite red card.