Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I always thought he was a defensive midfielder.

From the clips and highlights i have seen he seems to be one of those Beckenbauer, Bergomi, Hierro etc etc type defenders played as a sweeper or a libero and brought the ball out from the back and got plays started and because there was always 2 defenders behind him he had license to get forward.

Not many defenders like that anymore  :( except for Colo of course  :aww:

Think i first saw Steve Howey come on as a striker (what he started out as) at Southend on New Years day 1992. I was in the Southend end with all my friends (me being from Southend upon fuckhole).

We got bummed 4-0, i remember Kevin Scott taking all the goal kicks as Tommy Wright couldn't kick. A real young team out that day, Ossie and his mental diamond formation. We actually played all the football but couldn't defend in any way shape or form.

The stick i took that evening........last laugh is all mine now.

Howey made his debut long before that. I saw him at Old Trafford in 1989 as a striker.

He was a poor striker but when KK asked him to play centre half he was terrific and only injuries prevented him from kicking on and having a really good career for both us and England. He was in terry Veneables Euro 96 squad but got injured prior to the tournament while out jogging so had to withdraw.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Always seems to massively struggle against Shane Long.

No idea why as he's s****.

He's actually not. Very good in the air for a small chap and lightening off the mark. He would actually be the perfect foil for Ba/Cisse akin to Bellamy/Shearer

Don't think he "struggled massively" against him yesterday. When they won at SJP last season Colo was famously "left for dead" and Long did the occasional attempt at repeating that yesterday. Still think Lukaku unsettled us more than any striker has been able to do so far this season.

Don't think he "struggled massively" against him yesterday. When they won at SJP last season Colo was famously "left for dead" and Long did the occasional attempt at repeating that yesterday. Still think Lukaku unsettled us more than any striker has been able to do so far this season.

Agree about Long, there was one time where i thought Long got the better of Colo, but Colo got back in position and cut it out...other than that, he wasnt a thread...

If Pippo Inzaghi was born offside, then Shane Long has moved and helped raise 3 generations of his family there...

Lukaku showed scary amounts of potential yesterday I thought. He's a beast with talent and movement to boot. I was delighted to see Clarke take him off when he did. Only 19 as well isn't he?

Lukaku showed scary amounts of potential yesterday I thought. He's a beast with talent and movement to boot. I was delighted to see Clarke take him off when he did. Only 19 as well isn't he?

He is the definition of a 'beast' like.  :lol:

Just look at the size of him as a 16/17 year old man.

http://www.fmscout.com/datas/users/romelu_lukaku_16053.jpg

Agree about Long, there was one time where i thought Long got the better of Colo, but Colo got back in position and cut it out...other than that, he wasnt a thread...

If Pippo Inzaghi was born offside, then Shane Long has moved and helped raise 3 generations of his family there...

I was actually on this thread the other week questioning wether he'd lost another yard of pace or just returning from injury... Ate my words when on numerous occasions he matched and more often than not beat Long to the chase...