Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Stoke's former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Michael Owen on Twitter:

"Not having Coloccini's red card at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

"Not having Coloccini's red card at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Agreed. You can see he pulls his leg out, which was up in the first place to protect himself, as were his arms.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/31/article-2225636-15C5F96D000005DC-234_306x423.jpg

Guest bimpy474

1. It's not a red- no contact, no proven intent., Just that muppet Suarez crying and acting like a twat.

2. It's Pardew's fault? Right up there with the most idiotic things I've ever read on the internet.

Do you know the rules like ?

The ref doesn't have to prove intent, its his opinion. Its all about the intent in his opinion, there doesn't have to contact. Its a shit rule i give you but its the rule all the same.

1. It's not a red- no contact, no proven intent., Just that muppet Suarez crying and acting like a twat.

2. It's Pardew's fault? Right up there with the most idiotic things I've ever read on the internet.

The ref doesn't have to prove intent, its his opinion. Its all about the intent in his opinion, there doesn't have to contact. Its a shit rule i give you but its the rule all the same.

My debate is therefore that the ref's opinion is wrong!

Guest Howaythetoon

I blame Pardew for this red, we were being ran ragged due to his awful negative tactis and game plan.

You're f***ing boring.

Yet upon reading my views, you feel the need to comment...

If you think Coloccini went in with intent you can fuck off tbh. Imo if he meant it, he wouldn't have missed. Need to see the replay from different angles, but it looked like he thought Suarez was going to turn with the ball to his right and tried to pre-empt the turn with a block.

Absolutely embarrassing that Michael Owen has more of a clue than most of our supporters. Absolutely spot on.

Sorry but it is never a red card. Do you really believe that Coloccini has tried to do him and missed by accident? Give over.

:thup: Pardew shouldn't have commented on it post match. Should have watched the 1000 different angles that captured the challenge before making a comment, in case we had a case to appeal.

Guest bimpy474

My debate is therefore that the ref's opinion is wrong!

Possibly correct but seeing as it was the lineman/person/assistant/cunt who gave it, i would say it was his opinion that was wrong.

Although you are wrong mind, imo :lol:

Argh. Having to agree with Michael Owen, what a shit day.

Its all about the intent in his opinion, there doesn't have to contact.

That's true if someone tries to swing a punch, or a blatant stamp off the ball. In this situation he either does the player or he doesn't.

Argh. Having to agree with Michael Owen, what a s*** day.

The little money grabbing shit is correct though.

It didn't look like a red in real time and no number of replays (everything looks worse when played in slow motion because movement looks completely unnatural at that speed) will convince me otherwise. His foot was high but if there was even an ounce of intent he'd have planted his studs firmly in his calf.

He was silly for going in on a player like Suarez like that though. It was a lazy challenge and he should've seen yellow for it but it does stick in my throat when you see incidents, such as Sterling kicking out at Simpson, go completely unpunished. I don't think intent can be in doubt there.

I blame Pardew for this red, we were being ran ragged due to his awful negative tactis and game plan.

Becoming a parody now. He lost his cool, Suarez was running him ragged. Nowt to do with Pardew man.

Of course it has something to do with him. Colo lashed out due to sheer frustration because we were being ran ragged by one f***ing man, one f***ing man, all because of our cowardly tactics and game plan which is down to the coward of a manager we have.

Didn't you shake his hand in the summer? Should've said that to his face.

Ridiculous isn't it, given that 'coward of a manager' just got a point at a ground we traditionally get hammered at.

Very similar to Tiote so the Red Card was no surprise. Stupid challenge; Suarez had got to him a otherwise he wouldn't have made it. Suarez had done him a number of times by then with quick turns.

Colo will look back at it and see that he's got himself a 3 game ban for wanting to give Suarez a bit of a kicking and then not really going through with it.

As far as the law is concerned you either allow that type of challenge or you don't. IMO you don't allow it and we have lost 2 players with soft red cards.

How Larrson not even concede a free kick when he karate kicked Shola is simply baffling.

Becoming a parody now. He lost his cool, Suarez was running him ragged. Nowt to do with Pardew man.

Of course it has something to do with him. Colo lashed out due to sheer frustration because we were being ran ragged by one f***ing man, one f***ing man, all because of our cowardly tactics and game plan which is down to the coward of a manager we have.

Didn't you shake his hand in the summer? Should've said that to his face.

Ridiculous isn't it, given that 'coward of a manager' just got a point at a ground we traditionally get hammered at.

A point against the worst Liverpool side for 20+ years that didn't look like getting back into it until we let them attack for 45 mins. That's cowardly and the same happened against WBA last week. Luck is the only reason we got anything out of them last week.

Coloccini red 'laughable' - Owen

"Not having that at all. [Coloccini] didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Michael Owen on Twitter