Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest reefatoon

Christ.  It is looking like there is quite a bit of disharmony in the ranks at the minute.  Players not being/looking happy.

Guest reefatoon

First signs of player discontent with the way we are playing. Demba and Cabaye publicly complaining about our style, Papiss showing his anger at being subbed, falling out with Coloccini.

He's under pressure now.

That's right, and it seems to be all our big important players that are pissed off. not looking forward to January.

This is probably a stupid question, but given the lack of on the ball ability on the right hand side of our defence compared to the left, would it be an idea to switch Williamson and Coloccini to balance things out a bit?

I know players tend to favour (and play on) one side or another, but could the benefits outweigh any drawbacks?

This is probably a stupid question, but given the lack of on the ball ability on the right hand side of our defence compared to the left, would it be an idea to switch Williamson and Coloccini to balance things out a bit?

I know players tend to favour (and play on) one side or another, but could the benefits outweigh any drawbacks?

We have a serious lack of left footed defenders but I feel it matters most with fullbacks, even more so in a 4-4-2 formation when we have a right footed fullback and right footed winger on the left.

Guest firetotheworks

I know what you mean, but I think the real difference when attacking  is with the full backs.

I think switching the centre backs would hamper Santon more than it would improve Simpson.

I see what you're saying, but we have kittens when Williamson is on his natural foot never mind his left. :lol:

I'm all left-footed but whenever I played right centre-half it was a bit alien to me even just a little change like that.

I know what you mean Dave, but Coloccini obviously prefers the left-sided role as well, given he's lined up there on every occasion since the relegation season. I wouldn't be shifting him.

I'd just buy a better right-back and right centre-back, but I've been tooting this horn along with plenty of the rest of you for a long while now.

Have you seen Williamson on his strongest side?

I'd just buy a better right-back and right centre-back, but I've been tooting this horn along with plenty of the rest of you for a long while now.

:yuno: But then Mike Ashley would forfeit Tooj's FM challenge!