Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Probably a giggs, but didn't his agent come out and rubbish this?  But did say there were issues to be resolved.  Some google translate article?

He didn't rubbish the father quotes as such, just said it was a completely unrealistic proposition in the first place. Not sure whether he mentioned issues that need to be resolved though.

Guest neesy111

You'd think if going home was in his plans he'd have just went on a Bosman this summer rather than sign a new contract.

Circumstances change.

He hasn't played as well this season as previously, but I can't believe that he's seeking a move. It's like something's on his mind though.

I don't think he's a natural captain, and being the captain in a struggling side isn't going to be much fun. Especially if there's one or two tensions within the group. (I'm not buying into the alleged Franco-Spanish split, but I do suspect there's been some difficulties around Ba)

He hasn't played as well this season as previously, but I can't believe that he's seeking a move. It's like something's on his mind though.

I don't think he's a natural captain, and being the captain in a struggling side isn't going to be much fun. Especially if there's one or two tensions within the group. (I'm not buying into the alleged Franco-Spanish split, but I do suspect there's been some difficulties around Ba)

I was told something a couple of weeks ago which I have chosen not to repeat. I would class the source as pretty credible and he was talking about a possible January departure. There is a personal problem which has changed circumstances since the contract was signed but it has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else at the club, or indeed the team's form, if said source is to be believed.

I would like him to be a bit more vocal at times, there's been plenty of occasions this season where our players have needed a proper bollocking and that's the captains job at times imo. Usually Tiote and Simpson like.

There is obviously something we don't know, or aren't being told.

To go back to Argentina at a relatively early age doesn't make sense as a career move, but maybe there are personal issues, or he's had enough - I  wouldn't blame him for that either, as he's basically being asked to carry the defence on his back.

If he leaves - for whatever reason - we will struggle at the back and if, by any mad quirk of fate he went in this window my estimate on the relegationometer would immediately go to an 8.

Guest ItalianMagpie

There is obviously something we don't know, or aren't being told.

To go back to Argentina at a relatively early age doesn't make sense as a career move, but maybe there are personal issues, or he's had enough - I  wouldn't blame him for that either, as he's basically being asked to carry the defence on his back.

If that was the case he would look for another club in Europe.

If he really wants to go back home there must be some big (personal) issues, probably not football related at all.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Don't think he'll leave us now. Maybe in the summer, but not now.

That's still ugly.

Not only because we're gonna need 2 new CB which we'll never get, but also because if his mind is already set to leave I doubt we'll see him at his best this season, and we really can't afford this happening.

Guest ItalianMagpie

His agent has rubbished the reports of him leaving.

But not of him being unhappy or wanting to leave anyway.

"The San Lorenzo thing arises because of a personal matter, and because his father is at the club," Lombilla told Radio 9. "He only renewed his contract six months ago.

"These stories always create a buzz and generate illusions, but they are just that illusions and nothing more. These things written I just cannot believe."